Passport: check – Toothbrush: check – Charger: check. These are just some of the essentials that you should always have when you’re traveling. And now, there’s a new item that you must add to that list: a VPN. Whether you’re taking a long vacation or starting a new job abroad, this tool is a must-have if you want to access local websites from outside your home country. Why? because it allows you to bypass regional restrictions and geo-blocked content by changing your IP address. Therefore, if you’re an Ecuadorian expat or tourist and you want to stay up-to-date with everything that’s happening in your country, you have to get a VPN and switch to an Ecuadorian IP address.
Why You Need an Ecuadorian IP Address Abroad
When I started working abroad, I found out that several of my local websites were geo-blocked due to security or licensing issues. As a result, I didn’t have full access to my bank accounts, and streaming the latest episodes of my favorite local shows was impossible.
That’s because my IP address gave away my online location to the internet. The minute I opened BBC iPlayer from outside the UK, the streaming service knew that I wasn’t within its coverage zone and blocked me. And the same concept applies if you’re an Ecuadorian expat trying to access local streaming channels.
You’ll need to do what I did and hide your current location, and the best way to do that is by getting a virtual private network, aka VPN. This tool will help you switch to an Ecuadorian IP address in a matter of seconds and make it appear as if you never left Ecuador.
VPNs have a network of secure servers located all over the world. All you need to do to get an Ecuadorian IP address is connect to a server from Ecuador. The VPN will then channel your internet traffic through the server that you selected, encrypt your connection, and give you your new IP. The encryption ensures that no one can monitor or track your online activity, which means you’ll be browsing the internet anonymously.
This entire process won’t just give you access to streaming channels, banking services, and other websites; it will also keep your data safe and your identity hidden whenever you use the internet.
How to Install a VPN on Your Device
Getting a VPN is very easy and straightforward. These tools have dedicated apps that you swiftly install on your device. What you need to do is:
- Register with an efficient and high-ranked VPN service that has at least one server in Ecuador. I recommend you use ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app from your device’s app store or your VPN provider’s website.
- Once the installation is complete, open the app and sign in to your account.
- Select a server from Ecuador and connect to it.
- You now have access to any Ecuador-restricted website you want.
Ecuadorian IP Address Advantages
With all that being said, it is obviously crucial to get an Ecuadorian IP address if you’re an Ecuadorian who is living overseas. You’ll be able to access all your favorite websites from back home while keeping all your data safe and private at the same time.
- Online security and anonymity: VPNs encrypt your online traffic so that no other side can monitor or see what you’re up to. Also, once your connection gets redirected through the Ecuadorian server, no one will be able to see your online identity.
- Access to streaming channels: Keeping track of your favorite Ecuadorian series and shows will be a nightmare if you’re abroad. But with a VPN, you’ll have access to every streaming channel from the country, including Ecuadorian Television, Ecuavisa, and Telecentro (TC).
- Access to local banking services: By switching to an Ecuadorian IP address, you’ll be able to check your local bank accounts whenever and wherever you want. And since VPNs encrypt your traffic and hide your IP address, you can also make cash transactions without worrying about hackers or other prying eyes.
- Avoid restrictions: You can avoid online censorship if you live in China or the UAE for example. There are several websites that are blocked by the government, including VoIP services and social media apps. But you’ll be able to unblock them all with the help of an IP address from Ecuador.
- Learn the language: Anyone will tell you that the easiest and fastest way to learn a language is by watching local TV programs. Therefore, if you want to learn Spanish, get an Ecuadorian IP.
Best VPNs to Get an Ecuadorian IP Address
Take it from me and ignore every free VPN provider you encounter. These services may not cost you a thing, but they don’t offer much in return. Their servers are often limited and overloaded with users, and they don’t offer strong encryption protocols, sometimes none at all. And if that’s not enough, they will keep records of your internet activity and sell such data to third parties like online advertisers.
Therefore, it’s best you stick with paid, reliable brands that offer safety, privacy, speed, and online freedom.
But choosing the right service can be challenging (I struggled a lot until I finally settled on ExpressVPN). That is why I rounded up the four best VPNs to help you narrow down your options.
A lot of VPN experts and users recommend ExpressVPN, but that’s not the only reason why it is my number one pick. I experienced this provider’s excellent features firsthand, and I have to say, no other brand can outperform it. It offers military-grade security features, top speed levels, and a no-logging policy.
And when it comes to compatibility, you can install ExpressVPN on every major operating system, including Android, iOS, Mac, PC, Linux, Windows, and Amazon Fire Stick. Moreover, its apps are very user-friendly and easy to navigate, with a simple interface across all platforms.
Get an Ecuadorian IP Address from Abroad – Conclusion
You don’t have to miss out on anything anymore at the expense of geo-blocking and online restrictions. With a top VPN service like ExpressVPN, you can easily switch to an Ecuadorian IP address and access any website you want from anywhere in the world.
Do you use another VPN service to get an IP address from Ecuador? Tell us what it is is the comment section below.