New Zealanders, also dubbed Kiwis, are very fond of their local TV shows. Shortland Street, The Almighty Johnsons, Top of the Lake, and The Brokenwood Mysteries are just some of the TV shows that Kiwis are hooked on. Unfortunately, those who have to relocate and live abroad may find it difficult to keep track.
That’s because most streaming channels outside New Zealand are geo-blocked. But don’t worry fellow expats, in this article, I will show you how to get a New Zealand IP address using a VPN and unblock any restricted content.
How to Get a New Zealand IP Address with VPN
Kiwi nationals living abroad may find it difficult to access some of their local websites. Streaming channels, banking services, and sometimes news websites are all geo-restricted due to copyright reasons. The only way to unblock these services is by using a VPN.
A virtual private network, better know as VPN, is a tool that can help you spoof your physical location by connecting you to another server. It hides your IP address and replaces it with a different one from a region of your choice. This will make you appear as if you were living there, and give you access to any restricted material. See how easy it is?
Also, getting a VPN is a very simple procedure. All you have to do is:
- Choose a VPN provider and sign up. We recommend you use ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device.
- Sign in and connect to a server from New Zealand.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Access any content from New Zealand like TVNZ or anything else.
Best VPNs to Get an IP Address from New Zealand
As I mentioned before, I strongly recommend you use ExpressVPN. As a fellow expat, I’ve tried several VPN brands, but none of them came close to what ExpressVPN offered me. It has so many features that are perfect for getting an IP address from New Zealand or anywhere else in the world.
The company has over 1,000 servers spread across 94 countries, including New Zealand. It is also compatible with almost any device, operating system, platform, router, gaming console, and smart TV.
Furthermore, the brand offers excellent security and privacy features like a military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, and a strict no-logging policy. This is perfect for those expats who want to check their banking activity or make transactions.
Moreover, ExpressVPN is famous for the high speed levels it offers, which means you should find streaming HD shows quite enjoyable. Add a 30-day refund policy and a full torrenting and P2P allowance to the equation, and ExpressVPN should sound irresistible.
But if you want to weigh in other options, and you don’t want to consider any bad VPNs, the list below provides some trustworthy alternatives:
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
More VPN Benefits
There’s more to a VPN than just spoofing your location. Virtual private networks can also:
- Protect your privacy: All your data is encrypted when you use a VPN. Even your Internet Service Provider won’t be able to see your internet activity.
- Increase your cyber security: VPNs protect you from various cyber threats like hackers on public WiFi networks.
- Download safely: VPNs protect you from legal action when you download movies, TV shows, and songs using torrents.
- Bypass blocked content: you can use a VPN to get around censorship by redirecting your traffic to a server in another country.
New Zealand IP Address Advantages
Most people who would be interested in a New Zealand IP address are Kiwi expats or students living abroad. But anyone can benefit from it to be honest because it offers such amazing benefits. You could use the IP address to:
- Unblock TVNZ or other local streaming channels.
- Access banking accounts and services.
- Book cheaper flight tickets.
- Compare prices when shopping online.
- Browse the internet anonymously.
- Learn more about the Māori culture like the famous Haka dance.
How to Get New Zealand IP Address Anywhere – Final Thoughts
New Zealand is a beautiful country with amazing natural scenery. No wonder director Peter Jackson decided to film The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies there. He is a Kiwi after all. But for those who are pursuing their careers or studies abroad, it can be a bit difficult to stay away from home. And it can be even harder if you can’t stay up to date with the latest news and developments from back home. That is why you have to get a VPN and connect to a New Zealand IP address so that you don’t miss a thing.