With the growing hazards of cyber threats, internet security has become very important. Most users go about their online business unaware of security and privacy breaches, not just from malware, but also from IP addresses. That is why it is critical to hide them. In the article below, we will show you how to hide your IP address on Mac using a VPN, so that you could safely browse the internet.
What Is an IP Address?
An IP address is the identification number given to any device that is connected to the internet. It helps the World Wide Web determine who you are and where you’re from when you go online. Furthermore, it gives away important info concerning your activity and browsing history.
There’s every reason to be alarmed if you’re someone who enjoys privacy.
Why You Should Hide Your IP Address
Hiding your IP address on Mac or any other device will reap so many benefits, including:
- Online anonymity: No one will be able to monitor your traffic, not even government surveillance or your ISP.
- Location secrecy: Web hosts will also find it extremely difficult to pinpoint your location without an IP address.
- Access to blocked content: Go past government censorship in countries with limited access to the internet like China and North Korea.
- Access to streaming channels: Popular streaming services like HBO or Hulu are geo-blocked outside the US. But you can trick them into thinking that you are an American resident by changing your IP address.
- Limitless internet access at school or work: Network administrators block social media apps like Instagram and Facebook. Therefore, you must hide your IP to gain access.
- Zero-logging: Prevent search engines like Google from keeping logs of your queries and data.
- Unlimited and secure torrenting: The movies, series, or songs you download will remain hidden and untraceable.
- Access to VoIP services: Some countries like the UAE ban Skype, WhatsApp Calling, and other VoIP services. But you can unblock these apps if you conceal your IP.
- Public WiFi security: Protect yourself from hackers who might be lurking on public WiFi connections.
- Better deals when shopping online: You’ll be able to compare prices from different regions and get the best deals.
How to Hide Your IP Address on Mac with VPN
The above reasons should more than convince you to hide your IP address on Mac. The easiest way to do that is via virtual private network, or VPN.
Not only does a VPN hide your IP address, but it also replaces it with another one from a region of your liking. It uses a software that spoofs your geographic location, making it appear as if you were in a different location. Moreover, it allows you to redirect your internet connection to another server of your choice.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Virtual private networks can also:
- Encrypt your data: Protect your privacy knowing that no one will be able to monitor your online activity.
- Increase your cyber security: VPNs protect you from various cyber threats.
- Secure your banking activity: VPNs give you access to banking services that are usually blocked outside your home country. They also allow you to monitor your banking activity safely and privately.
- Bypass censorships and geo-blocks: You can unblock any website or streaming service.
Therefore, you must use a VPN to hide your IP address on Mac. All you have to do is :
- Sign with a VPN provider. We recommend ExpressVPN
- Download and install the VPN app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device.
- Log in and connect to any server that appears on your device.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Et Voila! You can now browse the internet anonymously.
Best VPNs to Hide Your IP Address on Mac
With a wealth of VPN providers out there, we recommend you use ExpressVPN. It is one of the best brands in the industry to hide your IP Address on Mac or any other device.
The company has over 1,000 servers in 94 countries, and you can connect to any one of them. It also offers high levels of speed and security.
Furthermore, the brand uses a military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protocol, which means that no one can monitor your traffic, not even your ISP. Add split tunneling, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch to the equation, and your content is very well-protected.
Additionally, ExpressVPN implements a strict no-logging policy, which means no one can trace anything back to you. It is also compatible with most devices, operating systems, and platforms. You can even install it on routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
However, ExpressVPN isn’t the only reliable service provider in the market. There are a couple of alternatives that are just as efficient that you might consider, like:
How to Conceal Your IP Address on Mac – Final Words
Hiding your IP address on Mac or any other device shouldn’t just be an advantage or luxury, it should be a must. After all, an IP can reveal so much of your private information, rendering it a burden in some cases. But a VPN allows you to hide and replace your IP address, keeps you safe from online risks, and gives you access to restricted material. If that’s not enough, it protects you from government snooping and ISP monitoring. So don’t ponder your next move so much. Get a VPN and reclaim your privacy.