Navigating the internet can be tough sometimes as strict censorship regulations and geo-blocking are increasing on a daily basis. The blocking usually occurs in an organization (school, college, company) by ISPs or are a result of geo-restrictions. However, there’s a workaround that can help you access blocked websites despite these odds and that’s the use of a VPN.
Types of Website Bans
Banning a website is becoming more and more common and sometimes for the wrong reasons. Some sites are blocked in countries due to their offensive approach to the government or ruling families. Take the UAE, KSA, and China for example. These countries have a very high censorship rate when it comes to the internet. China doesn’t allow the use of Facebook, Whatsapp, or even Google, while UAE and KSA forbid VoIP services in their regions. All you need is a VPN server outside these areas, and you’re back on your feet with fully functional internet access.
Streaming channels, on the other hand, demand an IP address valid in their region. With a VPN, you can connect to a server where the channel is available. Once that is done, you’ll obtain an IP address in that district and view the channel wherever you are in the world ban-free. Moreover, organizations block certain websites to secure productivity. Schools, for example, resort to such measures to avoid distractions during class hours. Same goes to companies that need to keep their employees and workflow in check. Therefore, with a simple tap on the connect button, you get to encrypt your data and browse any content you like.
How to Access Blocked Websites with a VPN
After an introduction to what kind of blocks you’ll stumble upon while surfing the internet, here’s how you avoid this issue:
- Sign up with a VPN provider, ExpressVPN has a wide range of servers.
- Download and install the VPN app on a compatible device such as PC, Mac, Android, or iOS.
- Sign in with your new account and connect to a server based on your needs.
- Websites Available in Certain Regions: Connect to a server based in that country.
- Sites Blocked in an Organization: Use any server to encrypt your data and browse anonymously.
- Banned Websites Due to Country’s Restrictions: Connect to servers outside the region in countries where the service is available.
- Make sure you’re connected by visiting our website.
- Finally, launch the website you are trying to access and you’ll notice that the ban has been lifted.
Following the steps is easy, but choosing the right VPN is a real challenge. You need to make sure that the VPN you’re using has the right amount of servers in the right places for this to work. Make sure you connect to a country where no censorship exists. Now, for more information on VPN service providers, check the list below.
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
There are plenty of reasons why websites are being blocked in specific countries, schools, and regions. While these filters might serve a specific purpose, they are often misused by authorities. So, do you feel that you’ve been wronged and deprived of your right to browse freely? If yes, get yourself a VPN.