Anthony Crolla shocked the world when he accepted to take on the WBA and WBO world lightweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko. The latter was supposed to fight IBF champion Richard Commey, who withdrew because of injury. Well, one man’s loss is another man’s gain, I guess. Lomachenko vs Crolla is shaping up to be one of the biggest fights of the year, and boxing fans are just over the moon.
However, please note that viewers from outside the US or the UK won’t be able to watch the event. That’s because the channels broadcasting the event are geo-blocked outside their respective regions. But don’t sweat it, we have a solution for you.
Which Channels Will Air the Fight?
ESPN+ and Sky Go have rights to broadcast Lomachenko vs Crolla in their respective countries (the US and the UK respectively). However, due to copyright reasons, these channels won’t be available for viewers anywhere else in the world. But that doesn’t mean it’s the end of the road.
How to Stream Lomachenko vs. Crolla Anywhere with VPN
Because both ESPN+ and Sky Go are geo-restricted outside Uncle Sam’s and Her Majesty’s territories, you’ll need a VPN to unblock them.
You see, web hosts can determine your geographic location using your IP address. If they find that you’re connected from anywhere outside their designated coverage area, they’ll block their content.
But the virtual private network (VPN) was designed to bypass all that. VPNs use software that can spoof your physical location, making it appear as if you were living someplace else. They give you a new IP address from a country of your choice, and reroute your internet connection to a server from that region.
So basically, VPNs connect you to an American or British server, give you a new IP address from those areas, and make it look like you actually live there. This will unblock ESPN+, Sky Go, and any other restricted channel from the US or the UK.
Just follow the steps below and you’re all set:
- Sign up with a VPN provider. Check the list below for recommendations.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Sign in and connect to a server from the US or the UK.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- See who will be crowned champion.
Best VPNs to Stream Lomachenko vs. Crolla
With so many providers in the market today, choosing a VPN brand can be a daunting task. That is why we’re here to help. Whether you’re new to the VPN world, or an advanced service user, your number one pick should always be ExpressVPN. I used it to watch Lomachenko vs. Pedraza on December 8, 2018, and I have to say that it did not disappoint.
ExpressVPN has so many features that make it a leader in its domain, including:
- 160 server locations: With over 1,000 servers in 160 different locations, including 94 countries, it is so easy to avoid online restrictions.
- High speeds: ExpressVPN has one of the best speeds in the industry, despite the fact it uses a strong encryption protocol.
- AES 256-bit encryption: A military-grade encryption that allows you to surf the internet anonymously. No one will be able to monitor your data, not even your ISP.
- Strong security levels: In addition to the AES 256-bit encryption, which is the strongest in the market, the company provides split tunneling, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN does not log traffic, so no one can trace anything back to you.
- Full Netflix compatibility: Very few brands still have access to every Netflix library. ExpressVPN is one of them. You can even use it to watch US Netflix.
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: You can enjoy full P2P file-sharing activity, from movies and series to albums and songs.
- 30-day refund policy: You can ask for your money back within a month after installation if you’re dissatisfied with the service.
But I won’t be much help if I only provide you with one VPN brand. So if you’d like to check out more options, the list below has the highest-ranked services:
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
About Lomachenko vs. Crolla
Anthony Crolla and Vasyl Lomachenko will lock horns this Friday, April 12, at the Staples Center. The Ukranian will put his WBA and WBO belts on the line as he plans to collect all the titles at 135lbs. Lomachenko has a stunning record of 396 wins and one defeat, and is a clear favorite ahead of the match.
Crolla, meanwhile, was a shock pick for the fight. He was the mandatory challenger after IBF champion Richard Commey withdrew because of injury. The Mancunian is a former WBA lightweight champion, so he has a wealth of experience under his belt. He plans to shock the world despite the 1-66 odds against him, saying:
“I don’t see it as if I’m somehow lucky to be sharing the ring with him. Yes, I admire him greatly but my plan is to shock the world. I have earned this shot.”
The April 12 event will feature several fights. Here is the full card below:
- Vasyl Lomachenko vs Anthony Crolla
- Gilberto Ramirez vs Tommy Karpency
- Arnold Barboza Jr vs Mike Alvarado
- Alexander Besputin vs Alfredo Blanco
- Janibek Alimkhanuly vs Cristian Olivas
- Vijender Singh vs Calvin Metcalf
- Guido Vianello vs Lawrence Gabriel
- Chris Zavala vs Sergio Gonzales
- Elvis Rodriguez vs Kevin Luna
Stream Lomachenko vs Crolla Anywhere – Final Words
So who are you rooting for? I personally believe that Crolla is no match for the Ukranian champion. The stats alone speak volumes. But everyone loves an underdog so I guess I’ll be cheering the Manchester-born fighter. If you want to watch Lomachenko vs Crolla and see if Vasyl can defend his titles or not, you have to get a VPN. Oh, and do it fast because the clock is ticking. April 12 is just 24 hours away.