And then there were 16. The first two rounds of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament, also known as NCAA March Madness, are behind us, and as we enter the “Sweet 16” round, the excitement is through the roof. College basketball fans keep close tabs to this tournament, especially as it enters its final stages. Unfortunately, not everyone can watch the 2019 NCAA Sweet 16 March Madness.
The streaming channels broadcasting the matches are geo-blocked outside the US. But don’t worry my fellow basketball fans, I got your back. In this guide, I’ll show you how a VPN can unblock restricted channels, and give you access to any match you want.
Channels Airing Sweet 16 March Madness
You can watch the 2019 NCAA Sweet 16 March Madness on any of the channels below. But keep in mind that they are unavailable outside the US.
- NCAA March Madness Website
- CBS Sports
- PS Vue
- Sling TV
If you live anywhere outside the land of the Stars and Stripes, you’ll need a VPN.
How to Stream Sweet 16 March Madness Using VPN
A virtual private network, or VPN for short, is a tool that spoofs your geographic location by redirecting your internet connection to another server. It hides your original IP address and replaces with another one from a region of your choice.
So basically the VPN provides you with a list of servers located in several regions, and all you have to do is connect to an American server to watch the 2019 NCAA Sweet 16 March Madness. Quite simple right?
And if you think that you’ll have to climb mountains and cross rivers to get a VPN, well think again. It is one of the fastest and easiest tasks that you’ll ever do. Just follow the steps below and you’re all set:
- Sign up with a VPN provider.
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device.
- Sign in and launch the app
- Connect to a server from the United States.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Watch any Sweet 16 match you want.
Stream Sweet 16 March Madness with ExpressVPN
I personally recommend you use ExpressVPN because quite frankly, you won’t find a better one. I’ve tried many other brands to stream basketball and other sports events, and ExpressVPN was by far the best. And it’s not just great for watching live sports, it has so many other features, including:
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: ExpressVPN allows full P2P file-sharing activity, so you can download any movie or song you like in a jiffy.
- Full Netflix compatibility: It can get you access to any library you’d like, including the US version of Netflix.
- AES 256-bit encryption: This is a military-grade encryption protocol. You can surf the internet anonymously and no one will be able to monitor your data, not even your ISP.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN does not log traffic, so no one trace anything back to you.
- 160 server locations: With over 1,000 servers spread across 94 countries, you can switch to any server you’d like.
If you’re not too happy with any of these services, the brand offers you a hassle- free 30-day refund policy.
Other VPNs to Watch NCAA Sweet 16
ExpressVPN isn’t the only provider that can unblock restricted channels. There are plenty of alternatives if you’re not too impressed, like NordVPN. The Panama-based company offers plenty of features to its users, including AES 256-bit encryption, the same encryption protocol as ExpressVPN.
It also has over 5,000 servers in 61 countries, which makes it an elite brand in this domain. NordVPN also doesn’t store logs, and since it’s based in Panama, you don’t have to worry about any data retention.
If you’d like to check out further options, see the list below:
Each service provider has its own set of strengths and weaknesses, or an area in which they excel, so it’s really up to you to decide which one suits you best.
About March Madness
Let me explain to you a bit more about March Madness, just in case you accidentally came across this page and you have no idea what it means.
March Madness is an elimination tournament that features 68 college basketball teams from the first division. The teams are divided into four regions: East, West, South, Midwest (names could vary each year).
The tournament consists of several rounds:
- The First Four: games between the eight lowest-ranked teams.
- First Round: only 64 teams remain
- Second Round: only 32 teams remain
- Regional Semi-finals: only 16 teams remain. Popularly known as the Sweet Sixteen.
- Regional Finals: only eight teams remain. Also known as the Elite Eight.
- The National Semi-final or Final Four: only four teams remain.
- The National Championship.
UCLA has the record for most NCAA March Madness titles, winning 11, followed by Kentucky (8), and North Carolina (6). Villanova are the defending champions, though they did not qualify for the 2019 Sweet 16 March Madness after they were eliminated by Purdue.
Who Qualified for Sweet Sixteen March Madness?
16 teams take part in the 2019 Sweet 16 round, with four teams from each region.
- Virginia Tech
- Michigan State
- Florida State
- Texas Tech
- North Carolina
NCAA March Madness Schedule
Check out the full schedule of the 2019 NCAA March Madness Championship:
Sweet 16, Thursday, March 28
- Florida State vs. Gonzaga
- Purdue vs. Tennessee
- Texas Tech vs. Michigan
- Oregon vs. Virginia
Sweet 16, Friday, March 29
- LSU vs. Michigan State
- Auburn vs. North Carolina
- Virginia Tech vs. Duke
- Houston vs. Kentucky
Saturday, March 30
- West Regional Final
- South Regional Final
Sunday, March 31
- East Regional Final
- Midwest Regional Final
Saturday, April 6
- Final Four: East Regional Champion vs. West Regional Champion
- Final Four: South Regional Champion vs. Midwest Regional Champion
Monday, April 8
- National Championship
How to Watch 2019 NCAA Sweet 16 March Madness Anywhere – Conclusion
College basketball in the United States attracts a huge number of followers from all corners of the world. Fans want to keep an eye out for the most talented players, and see which ones will become the next NBA superstars. And now that we’ve reached the Sweet 16 round, only the best teams remain. So don’t miss out on the excitement and get yourself a VPN to watch any match you want.