The 2019 Grand National is going to be the 172nd annual running of the Grand National horse race at Aintree Racecourse near Liverpool, England. And we are here to tell you how you can watch the event live online from anywhere outside the UK for free.
How to Watch the Grand National 2019 Using a VPN
The steeplechase is the main attraction of a three-day festival which will begin on the 4th of April with Opening Day, followed by Ladies’ Day on the fifth. The event will feature some of the most exciting jumps as 40 runners come across the obstacles of Aintree’s 30 Grand National fences over the course of four and a half miles. Aintree Racecourse is expecting over 150,000 racegoers over the three days of racing this year. Millions of people across the country and world will tune in to watch the show live. However, international viewers will be disappointed to know that geo-restrictions forbid them from watching The Grand National 2019 live online.
ITV will show the event for the third time this year after winning broadcasting rights to show racing. Many countries, including the UK, block access to popular sites by detecting your IP address location. But, with a VPN technology, geographic restrictions are no longer a problem. A VPN lets you select your server location, enabling you to access the internet devoid of restrictions and limitations.
The Grand National 2019 Using a VPN – Steps
A VPN allows you to access your favorite sites from anywhere in the world and bypass local blocks. Encrypting your Internet traffic not only allows you to secure your personal and private data, but it also enables you to beat online blocks. Unblock ITV channel and stream The Grand National 2019 using a VPN with these steps:
- Firstly, sign up with a VPN service provider.
- Download and install the VPN application on your streaming device.
- Launch the VPN application and sign in using your VPN account.
- Then, connect to a server in the UK to gain a British IP address.
- Now, you’re just like a British local.
- Stream The Grand National on ITV no matter where you are.
ExpressVPN isn’t cheap, but it sure is effective. When it comes to unblocking content, ExpressVPN is the best. The company is based in the British Virgin Islands which doesn’t share the UK’s strict data retention laws. If you’re after privacy and security, this is the VPN for you. For other VPN options, make sure you check out the table below.
About The Grand National
Many horses will participate in the 2019 Aintree Grand National. The field will come down to a maximum of 40 Grand National runners and 4 reserves. Ed Chamberlain, a familiar face for football fans out there will be presenting the show. The horses must have run at least three times in chases under the Recognised Racing Authority Rules of Racing up to and including February 10 in order to qualify. After that, the handicapper allocates a rating. The BHA Head of Handicapping is final and cannot be reversed.
Grand National Favorites
Here’s a list of the most favored contestants
- Tiger Roll
- Elegant Escape
- Vintage Clouds
- General Principle
Famous Grand National Fences
Here are some of the most notorious obstacles in the business:
- Becher’s Brook
- Valentine’s Brook
- The Chair
- Canal Turn
Grand National Schedule
Day One: April 4th
- Manifesto Novices’ Chase 2m 4f
- Doom Bad Anniversary 4-Y-O Juvenile Hurdle 2m 1f
- Betway Aintree Bowl Chase 3m 1f
- Betway Aintree Hurdle 2m 4f
- Randox Health Foxhunters’ Open Hunter Chase 2m 5f
- Betway Red Rum Handicap Chase 2m
- Goffs Nickel Coin Mares’ Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race 2m 1f
Day Two: April 5th
- Alder Hey Children’s Charity Handicap Hurdle 2m 4f
- Crabbie’s Top Novices’ Hurdle 2m 1/2 f
- Betway Mildmay Novices’ Chase 3m 1f
- JLT Melling Chase 2m 4f
- Randox Health Topham Handicap Chase 2m 5f
- Doom Bar Sefton Novices’ Hurdle 3m 1/2 f
- Weatherbys Private Bank Standard Open National Hunt Flat Race 2m 1f
Day Three: April 6th
- Gaskells Handicap Hurdle 3, 1/2 f
- Betway Mersey Novices’ Hurdle 2m 4f
- Doom Bar Maghull Novices’ Chase 2m
- Betway Handicap Chase 3m 1f
- Ryanair Stayers’ Liverpool Hurdle 3m 1/2 f
- Randox Health Grand National Handicap Chase 4m 2 1/2 f
- Pinsent Masons Handicap Hurdle (Conditional Jockeys’ & Amateur Riders’ Race) 2m 1/2 f
Watch the Grand National 2019 for Free Live Online
This year’s Grand National takes place on Saturday the 6th of April. This event is the most followed and watched horse race in the British Isles. It never fails to provide the spectacular, the heroics, and the mishaps of the race. It’s also the single biggest betting event in sports, and this year will be no exception. Place your bets now and swatch who wins the prize anywhere in the world on ITV with the help of a VPN service provider.