Fasten your seatbelts, ladies and gentlemen, because UFC is taking us for a ride. The upcoming UFC Fight Night 153 is heading to the Ericsson Globe arena in Stockholm, Sweden on June 1st. Alexander Gustafsson and Anthony Smith will headline the event in a Light Heavyweight bout that could reshape the division. Why? Because the winner will get the chance to fight champion Jon Jones. So as you can see, this is a must-watch match. But unfortunately, those who live outside the US can’t stream it because ESPN+ is the official broadcaster.
But in this article, we’ll show you how to unblock the channel from anywhere in the world using a VPN, so that you don’t miss this huge fight.
UFC on ESPN
As you probably know by now, ESPN+ is the exclusive home of UFC events. What you may not know is that the streaming channel is only available for viewers who reside in the US. So if you’re leaving the country for business or pleasure, then I’m afraid you’ll have to wait for the rerun. But not if you have a VPN of course.
How to Watch UFC Fight Night 153 with VPN
If you try to access ESPN+ from outside ‘the land of the free and the home of the brave,’ the furthest you’ll get is here:
“ESPN+ is not available in your country due to content rights issues.”
Your screen will display this location error message because the channel can determine your global position through your IP address. Once it sees that you are outside the US, you lose by KO.
Therefore, you need something to conceal your IP address and avoid geo-blocks. So say hello to the virtual private network (VPN).
A VPN is a tool that can spoof your geographic location. It reroutes your internet traffic to a different network of your choice. Then, it hides your actual IP address and grants you a new one from the region that you selected. As a result, your web destination will think that you are inside its viewing area, and it will unblock any restricted content.
To put it simply, a VPN allows you to connect to an American server, then gives you a US IP address. This will make it appear as if you were inside the United States and you’ll have access to ESPN+.
If you still don’t get it, just follow the below steps and you’ll be watching UFC Fight Night 153 in no time:
- Visit a VPN website and subscribe. Just type in your email and password, and provide a payment method (yes we advise you to use paid services).
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device. VPNs are also compatible with other platforms like routers, gaming consoles, Chromebook, Windows and more.
- Sign in and connect to a US server.
- Before you go to ESPN, make sure you’re using your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Enjoy the upcoming UFC event from anywhere.
Best VPNs to Unblock ESPN+
As I mentioned above, it’s better that you use paid services instead of free ones. In fact, I highly recommend it. Yes, they may not be cheap, but at least you’ll get some excellent features for your money. I personally use ExpressVPN and I have to admit, it is one of the best providers I have ever used. Just take a look at what it offers:
- 160 server locations: The company has more than 1,000 servers in 160 locations worldwide, including 94 countries. This means you can unblock any US-restricted channel, as well as websites from almost any region.
- Incredible speed levels: ExpressVPN promises one of the best speed rates in the industry. So despite using strong encryption, it is perfect for streaming live fights in full HD.
- AES 256-bit encryption: Speaking about strong encryption, you can surf the internet anonymously thanks to the military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protocol. It protects you from hackers, government surveillance, and ISP monitoring.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN does not register any of your traffic or data.
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: The company allows full P2P file-sharing and torrenting activity. Also, it protects you from legal action from copyright owners.
- Full Netflix compatibility: It can get you access to any library you’d like, even the US version of Netflix.
- High compatibility: You can install it on Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, and iOS. It is also compatible with smart TVs, gaming consoles, and routers.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: ExpressVPN also offers a 30-day refund policy. You can demand that you get your money back if you’re not too happy with the services.
About UFC Fight Night 153
UFC Fight Night 153 will take place at the Ericsson Globe arena in Stockholm, Sweden on June 1st. Gustafsson vs. Smith will serve as its main event, with both fighters looking to bounce back from defeats to the same man: Jon Jones.
The Light Heavyweight champion, widely considered as the greatest MMA talent, defeated the Swedish ‘Mauler’ by KO in December. He also claimed a win against the American ‘Lionheart’ back in March.
But in this upcoming event, Gustafsson will have home advantage. The Swede is one of the division’s elite fighters and is heavily favored to win. However, Smith is no pushover and is also a light heavyweight veteran, so he could prove tough opposition for Gustafsson.
Also hoping to book a date with Jones are Jimi Manuwa and Aleksandar Rakic. They’ll be on the main card on June 1st as Manuwa tries to get back to winning ways following three straight defeats.
As for the co-main event, Volkan Oezdemir will take on Ilir Latifi. Oezdemir is also coming off three losses, and will be desperate for a win on Saturday.
As for the full fight card, it is as follows:
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Anthony Smith
- Volkan Oezdemir vs. Ilir Latifi
- Jimi Manuwa vs. Aleksandar Rakić
- Makwan Amirkhani vs. Chris Fishgold
- Damir Hadžović vs. Christos Giagos
- Daniel Teymur vs.Sung Bin Jo
- Tonya Evinger vs. Lina Länsberg
- Stevie Ray vs. Leonardo Santos
- Nick Hein vs. Frank Camacho
- Bea Malecki vs. Eduarda Santana
- Darko Stošić vs. Devin Clark
- Joel Alvarez vs. Danilo Belluardo
How to Stream UFC Fight Night 153 Online – Final Thoughts
What a huge fight night this is shaping up to be. A match between two light heavyweight elites will show us their level of determination following defeats at the hands of the same man. I think the Swedish ‘Mauler’ is just too good for Smith. So if you don’t want to miss Gustafsson vs. Smith, or UFC Fight Night 153 for that matter, get a VPN, unblock ESPN+, and watch the event no matter where you are.