Are you a sports fan who enjoys spending the weekend watching your favorite team? Well then Optus Sport should sound familiar. The Australian streaming channel is home of some of the best football competitions like the English Premier League and the UEFA Champions League. Unfortunately, it is only available inside Australia.
But Optus Sport viewers around the world should not fret. In this article, we will show you how to unblock the channel outside Australia using a VPN, so you could keep track of your favorite teams.
Watch Optus Sport Outside Australia Using VPN
Optus Sport only has rights to stream in Australia. So if you’ve tried to access the channel from anywhere else in the world, then you’ve probably received the following location error message:
“Sorry, the content you are trying to view is not available to users outside of Australia.”
Now I know this can be a bit frustrating, but there is a way to bypass geo-blocks and access Optus Sport. You have to use a VPN.
A VPN, or virtual private network, is a handy tool that can spoof your physical location. It redirects your internet connection to another server of your choice. Then, the VPN hides your original IP address and replaces it with a different one from the selected region.
Simply put, the VPN will trick Optus Sport into thinking that you are in the Land Down Under, thus unblocking any restricted Australian content.
So if you want to see if Manchester City can defend their Premier League title, all you have to do is:
- Sign up with a VPN provider. Check list below for suggestions.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Sign in and connect to an Australian server.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Watch your favorite teams and players.
Best VPNs to Unblock Optus Sport
With so many VPN options out there, choosing the best one can be a bit confusing if you’re unfamiliar with the VPN industry. That is why we rounded up the highest-ranked brands and put them in the list below:
We highly-recommend you use ExpressVPN. This brand is the crème de la crème of VPN providers. I personally use it to unblock Optus Sport and watch the latest Premier League action. It offers the best services if you want to stream live matches.
But that’s not all it brings to the table. ExpressVPN has a host of features and benefits that include:
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: ExpressVPN allows full P2P file-sharing activity, so you can download any movie or song you like. It also keeps you safe from any legal action concerning copyrights.
- Full Netflix compatibility: It can get you access to any library you’d like, including the US version of Netflix.
- AES 256-bit encryption: A military-grade encryption protocol that allows you to surf the internet anonymously. No one can monitor your online activity.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN does not log traffic, so no one trace anything back to you.
- 160 server locations: With over 1,000 servers spread across 94 countries, you can switch to any server you’d like.
- High compatibility: The brand is compatible with pretty much every device, operating system, and platform. It is also compatible with routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
Hard to consider anything else, right?
Watch Optus Sport Outside Australia with Smart DNS
Smart DNS proxies can also help you bypass geo-restrictions. These babies reroute the URLs that might expose your location, thus unblocking certain restricted content.
Just follow the steps below to get one:
- Sign up with a Smart DNS service like Unlocator.
- Set up Smart DNS on your device.
- You could also set up Smart DNS on your router, gaming consoles, or Smart TVs.
- Gain access to most geo-blocked channels from anywhere in the world.
You should note, however, that Smart DNS proxies do not hide your IP address, which means that they may not always unblock channels. Furthermore, they don’t encrypt your data, leaving you open to all sorts of security and privacy hazards. Also, they can be quite slow, which can be a bit irritating when you’re streaming a live match.
Follow my advice and stick with the VPN, it’s totally worth it.
Optus Sport Supported Devices
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
How to Stream Optus Sport Outside Australia – Final Words
Optus Sport offers viewers a premium sports experience, with access to the world’s most entertaining and competitive football leagues. Therefore, subscribing to the service is an absolute must if you’re a Premier League fan. A VPN has made this possible from anywhere in the world, not just Australia, so enjoy your jam-packed weekends of sport.