If you want well-produced historical period dramas, you better call ITV. After the huge success of Downton Abbey, the network decided to follow it up with another series of the same genre: Beecham House. The show is expected to premiere in spring, but the exact date hasn’t been confirmed yet. ITV described it as ‘epic’ and ‘ambitious,’ and personally, I can’t wait for the release date. But unfortunately, not everyone can stream Beecham House because ITV is unavailable outside the UK.
But in this guide, we’ll teach you how to unblock the channel from anywhere in the world using a VPN or a Smart DNS proxy.
Beecham House on ITV
Even though we don’t have the exact release date yet, ITV announced that it Beecham House will air in spring 2019. So the show is just around the corner. But the bad news is that you can’t access the streaming service from outside the United Kingdom due to copyright issues. That’s why an error message appears on your screen when you try to watch something from abroad.
“We’ve detected that you’re outside the UK. The ITV Hub is only available for viewing in the UK unless you are an ITV Hub+ subscriber and in the EU (excludes live TV).”
You see, ITV can determine your location using your IP address. And when it reads that you are outside its coverage zone, it will prevent you from going any further. So no Beecham House for you.
Therefore, in order to bypass these annoying geo-blocks, you need a VPN or a Smart DNS proxy
How to Watch Beecham House Using a VPN
A virtual private network is a tool that can spoof your geographic location by hiding your IP address. It redirects your internet traffic to another network of your choice, then switches your IP address depending on which region you selected.
So if you connect to a server from the United Kingdom, you’ll get a new Internet Protocol address from the UK. This will make it appear as if you were browsing the internet from there, thus tricking ITV to unblock its content.
Bottom line, if you want to stream Beecham House, here’s how to do it:
- Subscribe to a VPN service like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app on your Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android device. You’ll find that well-known brands are compatible with most platforms, including routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
- Sign in and connect to a server from the UK.
- Go to WhatIsMyIP.network to see if your IP address has changed.
- Stream ITV’s new historical drama from anywhere.
Get ExpressVPN and Unblock ITV
I have used several VPNs over the past few years, but the most recent one has been ExpressVPN. And I have to say that I’m very happy with the results. Even though it is just a little expensive ($12.95 a month), you can use it to:
- Safely and privately browse the internet: The company offers high-level security and privacy features. It uses AES-256 bit encryption to ensure that no one can monitor your activity, not even your internet service provider. Also, it provides a kill switch, split tunneling, and DNS leak protection. Furthermore, ExpressVPN implements a strict no-logging policy: “We never keep traffic logs, and we also don’t keep any logs that might enable someone to match an IP and timestamp back to a user.”
- Bypass geo-restrictions: ExpressVPN has a large network of over 1,000 servers in 94 countries. This means that you can avoid all sorts of online restrictions and access any website from anywhere.
- Avoid online censorship: A large server network and strong security and privacy features are perfect when you have limited internet access. However, you can avoid strict censorship and safely unblock any website using ExpressVPN.
- Access Netflix and torrent websites: ExpressVPN is one of the few brands that can give you access to any Netflix library, including the US. Moreover, it allows full torrenting and file-sharing activity and protects you from legal action from copyright holders.
- Stream programs swiftly: The company also has one of the best speeds on the market, which makes it perfect for streaming live programs in full HD.
Other VPN Brands
Of course, ExpressVPN is not the only elite brand with a great set of features. If you’d like to look at other options before you make up your mind, here’s a list of alternatives:
Stream Beecham House Using Smart DNS Proxies
You don’t have to use a virtual private network to unblock ITV. Another method to access the channel and stream Beecham House is with a Smart DNS proxy. It is a software that only reroutes the URLs that expose your location, but it does not encrypt your traffic or hide your IP address.
Even though privacy isn’t its best feature, many users seem to prefer it over VPNs. And if you’re one of them, here’s what you have to do unlock ITV:
- Sign up to a Smart DNS service like Unlocator.
- If you opt for another proxy, make sure it supports ITV.
- Set up the service on the device you want to use (PC, smartphone, tablet…).
- You could also install them on routers, gaming consoles, or Smart TVs.
- Watch ITV’s Beecham House anytime, anywhere.
However, keep in mind that Smart DNS proxies don’t work if your ISP uses transparent proxies or applies DNS hijacking. Also, you can’t automatically download and install them, which means you have to manually configure the service. But the process isn’t difficult at all because you’ll have several setup guides to help you.
What You Need to Know about Beecham House
Beecham House is a six-episode drama that takes place on the cusp of the 19th century in Delhi before British rule. According to ITV, it depicts the fortunes of the residents of Beecham House, an imposing mansion surrounded by acres of exotic woods and pristine lawns.
But despite his best intentions, John’s life remains shrouded in mystery and is the cause of speculation.”
The drama is directed and written by Gurinder Chadha OBE, who previously wrote Bend It Like Beckham, Bride and Prejudice, and Viceroy’s House.
- Tom Bateman as John Beecham
- Lesley Nicol as Henrietta, his mother
- Gregory Fitoussi as General Castillon, a French mercenary
- Adil Ray as Murad Beg, John’s neighbor
- Marc Warren as Samuel Parker, John’s best friend
- Vaishali Malhara as Kamlawati
- Pallavi Sharda as Chandrika
- Kanika Kapur as Roshanara, Murad’s daughter
- Dakota Blue Richards as Margaret Osborne, Roshanara’s English governess and John’s love interest
- Leo Suter as Daniel, John’s long-lost brother
- Bessie Carter as Violet, Henrietta’s friend
- Denzil Smith as the Maharaja of Kalyan
- Shriya Pilgaonkar as Chancal, a nursemaid
- Trupti Khamkar as Maya, a nursemaid
- Umesh Wadhavani as a Servant
How to Stream Beecham House Online – Final Words
If you’re a fan of historical dramas like Downton Abbey, you’ll surely fall in love with Beecham House. Watch as all the mystery, drama, scandals, and action unravel in this new British series. But if you live abroad, you’re only two choices to unblock ITV are either with a VPN or a Smart DNS proxy. So hurry and get one before the show premieres.