It’s time for the biggest football tournament in South America. Yes, the 2019 Copa America is finally upon us, and you can almost taste the excitement. From 14 June till 7 July, fans from all over the world will glue themselves in front of their screens to watch a display of flair and technical abilities. Brazil, one of the favorites to lift the trophy, are hosts. You can stream the event on several channels, but keep in mind that geo-blocks may limit your access.
Fortunately for you though, I know how you can avoid online restrictions. So if you want to watch the 2019 Copa America live from anywhere, keep reading.
Where Can I Watch the 2019 Copa America?
Copa America is one of the biggest tournaments in football and attracts plenty of viewers and media coverage. You can stream it on a host of channels, including:
- NBC Sport (USA)
- ESPN (USA)
- Telemundo Deports (USA – Spanish commentary)
- BT Sport (UK)
- CTV (Canada)
- beIN Sports (MENA region)
- Sonyliv (India)
- GloboSat Play (Brazil)
- Canal 13 (Chile)
- TyC Sports (Argentina)
Despite this wealth of options, please note that these services are only available in their respective regions. So if you live outside those countries, you can’t join in on the action.
Due to copyright issues, if you try to access any of these channels from abroad, a location error message will pop up on your screen. For instance, beIN Sports will tell you the following:
“Sorry, a problem occurred with the view rights in your location. Please visit FAQ page or contact our customer services. (Error 3222).”
Let me explain to you how this works. These websites can determine your location through your IP address. When they see that you are outside their coverage zone, you won’t get access to their content. It’s similar to the offside rule: you’re penalized for being in the wrong place.
Therefore, what you need is a virtual private network (VPN).
Stream 2019 Copa America With a VPN
A VPN is a tool that can spoof your online location. It reroutes your internet traffic to another network of your choice, then gives you a new IP address from the region that you selected. As a result, you’ll appear as if you were physically in a different country, tricking your way into watching the 2019 Copa America.
In other words, you can connect to servers from any of the above regions and get a matching IP address. This will trick web hosts to think that you are inside their viewing area, which gives you access to their material.
Learn how to install a VPN on your device using these steps:
- Choose a reputable VPN service with a vast server network like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, Android, or Linux device. You can do that from the website or from the app store.
- Sign in and connect to a server from any of the above countries, depending on which channel you prefer. (US server for NBC or ESPN, UK server for BT Sport, etc.)
- Enjoy every goal and match no matter where you are.
Use ExpressVPN to Bypass Geo-blocks
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPN services on the market today. It is always among my top recommendations because I use it myself whenever I want to stream live matches or watch my favorite shows. You could not ask for a better provider.
First, it has one of the biggest server networks in the industry with over 3,000 servers in 94 countries, including the ones I mentioned earlier. This network allows you to unblock any streaming channel you want and your favorite programs.
Second, the company uses the strongest safety features like AES 256-bit encryption. This military-grade protocol will prevent anyone from reading your data or monitoring your online activity, including ISPs, government agencies, and hackers.
As for privacy, ExpressVPN simply does not store your traffic. It implements a strict no-log policy, saying:
“We never keep traffic logs, and we also don’t keep any logs that might enable someone to match an IP and timestamp back to a user. We work entirely on the basis of shared IPs, meaning that a single IP does not track back to an individual user.”
Third, it offers ridiculous speed rates, despite using strong encryption. This feature is perfect for streaming live matches or series in full HD because you won’t face frustrating video buffering.
- A 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Enticing discounts for long-term plans.
- Plenty of payment methods (credit cards, PayPal, Bitcoin and more).
- Torrenting allowance.
- Compatible with Netflix (including the American region).
- Several protocols available.
- Highly compatible (Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, iOS and more).
- British Virgin Islands jurisdiction.
- Only three simultaneous connections.
- No free trials.
Other Providers to Consider
One thing is for sure: avoid free VPNs. These brands will lure you in with no-charge services, but won’t tell you that they will share your traffic with third parties. Also, their servers can be really slow due to the large number of users. And did I mention that most of them don’t use encryption?
Therefore, if you’re looking for ExpressVPN alternatives, here is a list of other elite options:
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
2019 Copa America – What You Need to Know
The 46th edition of the Copa America will take place from 14 June till 7 July in Brazil. The host nation will kick off the action with the opening match against Bolivia. El Seleção received a major blow a few days ago when their star player Neymar suffered an ankle injury in a friendly against Qatar. The sprained ligament will sideline him for four weeks, which means he will miss the tournament.
Lionel Messi will be looking for his first major title with Argentina. The Barcelona star, seen by many as the greatest player of all time (or simply GOAT), is yet to lead his country to glory. La Albiceleste have suffered some major heartbreaks in recent years after failing to secure a trophy, despite coming so close. Prior to the 2018 World Cup, the Argentines lost three consecutive finals in major tournaments.
Defending champions Chile will hope to secure the Copa America for a THIRD consecutive year. La Roja claimed lifted the trophy in 2015 and 2016 (Copa América Centenario), beating Argentina in both finals.
12 teams have qualified for the 2019 Copa America. They are divided to three groups:
As for the fixture list, it is as follows:
- 14 June – Brazil vs Bolivia (Morumbi Stadium, Sao Paulo)
- 15 June – Venezuela vs Peru (Arena do Gremio, Porto Alegre)
- 18 June – Bolivia vs Peru (Estadio do Maracana, Rio de Janeiro)
- 18 June – Brazil vs Venezuela (Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador)
- 22 June – Peru vs Brazil (Arena Corinthians, Sao Paulo)
- 22 June – Bolivia vs Venezuela (Estadio Mineirao, Belo Horizonte)
- 15 June – Argentina vs Colombia (Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador)
- 16 June – Paraguay vs Qatar (Estadio do Maracana, Rio de Janeiro)
- 19 June – Colombia vs Qatar (Estadio do Morumbi, Sao Paulo)
- 19 June – Argentina vs Paraguay (Estadio Mineirao, Belo Horizonte)
- 23 June – Qatar vs Argentina (Arena do Gremio, Porto Alegre)
- 23 June – Colombia vs Paraguay (Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador)
- 16 June – Uruguay vs Ecuador (Estadio Mineirao, Belo Horizonte)
- 17 June – Japan vs Chile (Estadio do Morumbi, Sao Paulo)
- 20 June – Uruguay vs Japan (Arena do Gremio, Porto Alegre)
- 21 June – Ecuador vs Chile (Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador)
- 24 June – Chile vs Uruguay (Estadio do Maracana, Rio de Janeiro)
- 24 June – Ecuador vs Japan (Estadio Mineirao, Belo Horizonte)
- 27 June – TBD vs TBD (Arena do Gremio, Porto Alegre)
- 28 June – TBD vs TBD (Arena Corinthians, Sao Paulo)
- 28 June – TBD vs TBD (Estadio do Maracana, Rio de Janeiro)
- 29 June – TBD vs TBD (Itaipava Arena Fonte Nova, Salvador)
- July 2 – TBD vs TBD (Estadio Mineirao, Belo Horizonte)
- July 3 – TBD vs TBD (Arena do Gremio, Porto Alegre)
- July 6 – TBD vs TBD (Arena Corinthians, Sao Paulo)
- July 7 – TBD vs TBD (Estadio do Maracana, Rio de Janeiro)
How to Stream 2019 Copa America Live Online – Conclusion
The 2019 Copa America is certainly shaping up to be one heck of an exciting tournament. And with so much at stake, it’s difficult to point out any clear favorites. Brazil certainly have an extra advantage since they’ll be playing on home soil. But who can forget the humiliation they received at the hands of the Germans in the 2014 World Cup? Not me.
Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, and Colombia are in the mix as well, but I believe either Brazil or Argentina will go on to win it.
So if you want to see which nation will lift the trophy come 7 July, but you don’t have access to the broadcasting channels, you have to get a VPN service like ExpressVPN. It is the only way to stream the 2019 Copa America from abroad.