What do people resort to in order to kill time at home? Netflix of course. The streaming service has become the number one high-end platform for all TV fans around the world. Just because viewers have a Netflix subscription, that doesn’t mean that they’re that fortunate. There’s a catch at hand that very few people know about. People around the world don’t have access to the same amount of content because it depends on the region they’re located in. As far as we know, the American version of Netflix has the most streamable titles, while other regions fall short in comparison. Therefore, we’ll be talking about how you can join those lucky US residents and get full coverage of the best shows in the world wherever you are. The solution is quite simple; use a Virtual Private Network.
Why is American Netflix Blocked Abroad?
Every region serves different Netflix content. Any country other than the US has limited access to what they can watch on Netflix. While you get stuck with shows you may not want, US residents are enjoying the best ones out there. Let’s say you’re in Algeria. If you try to watch Supernatural for example, you’ll be greeted with this geo-error message:
“This title is not available in your current region. Please select a different title.”
The problem lies in the distribution process. Netflix follows what people show interest in, so it buys the rights to the series and gives it exclusively to that specific region. For example, people in the US have always set their eyes on CW’s Star-Crossed, while other countries haven’t. As a result, the TV show is only available in America and restricted in all of the remaining countries. In the UK, residents prefer watching British shows such as Sherlock and Downton Abbey, which means that these titles are certainly available in their subscription. So, that’s why every country winds up having its own catalog of hand-picked shows and movies.
How To Use A VPN To Get American Netflix
A VPN creates a secure tunnel that cannot be detected by Internet Service Providers. All you have to do is connect to a VPN remote server in the United States and you’re good to go. Once you do that, you’ll get a US IP address and access American Netflix wherever you are. So how do you do that? It’s simple :
- Sign up with a reputable VPN provider. We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN application on your Android, iOS, PC, or Mac.
- Sign in with your VPN account and connect to a US server.
- Finally, launch Netflix, sit back and enjoy endless binge watching with unlimited access.
The Best VPN for American Netflix
No matter how hard you try, if you don’t have a robust VPN provider, you won’t be able to unblock American Netflix overseas. Some VPNs don’t qualify to access Netflix as it has blocked their every attempt. Therefore, when you look for a VPN in the market, make sure that it has the following qualities:
- Unblocks Netflix: This is why we’re here in the first place. Some VPNs doesn’t have what it takes to get you Netflix abroad. Some top VPNs also fail to the job such as IPVanish. That’s why you need to do a bit of research before investing in any VPN.
- Fast Speed: For a streaming platform, internet speed must come first. No one likes the buffering sign while watching anything on Netflix. Which means that you have to pick a VPN that offers servers and high speeds in its subscription.
- Security: Having strong encryption is important for the users’ safety to protect their online data while bypassing geo-restrictions.
- Unlimited Bandwidth: You’re binge-watching. This means that you don’t want a VPN that assigns limits to your bandwidth usage.
- Easy-to-Use App: Make sure that the VPN’s application is easy to use.