Following our IP address series, today we’re talking about how to get an Italian IP address outside of Italy. An Italian IP address is a great way to access Italian content, hide your true location, and browse the internet securely and anonymously. All you need to do to get that IP is to get yourself a VPN.
How to Get an Italian IP Address Using a VPN
So, you know the easiest way to spoof your IP is by using a VPN.
This works because of a VPN’s basic functionality. Virtual Private Networks encrypt your data and re-route your traffic through a secure VPN connection. When this happens, your public IP has to change in order to match the location of the server you’re using. This lets you spoof your IP very easily.
Here’s how you can get an Italian IP address outside of Italy using a VPN:
- Sign up with a VPN provider that has servers in Italy. We suggest using ExpressVPN as it is known to be the best provider on the market.
- Download the app and install it onto your device.
- Launch the app and choose an Italian server to connect to.
- Wait for the connection to establish. You can use our services to see if your IP address changed after the connection.
- Double check using our IP verifier.
Once that’s done, you’ll have yourself the coveted Italian IP address!
Why Would You Get an Italian IP Address?
There are many reasons why someone would want to spoof their IP. If you’re opting for a new Italian IP address, you’re probably looking to get one of these benefits:
- Access to geo-blocked content: Either you live in a country or a region with serious internet censorship, or you simply want better access to online content. Either way, an Italian IP address will give you all the benefits of the Italian internet.
- Stay in touch with local Italian content: If you’re an Italian expat, getting an Italian IP using a VPN is the fastest and easiest way for you to stay up-to-date with the local news and programs you usually watch in Italy.
- Stay Anonymous online: Changing your IP address is a great way to mask your true online location. Since a public IP address usually shows where a user is located geographically, masking that location offers you better anonymity online. In other words, no one will be able to pinpoint where (or who) you actually are.