Android devices are one of the fastest pieces of equipment in the market. With little to none malfunctions and a user-friendly interface, it’s easy to see why they are so popular. But what if I told you that you can improve your internet experience on Android by hiding your IP address?
In this guide, I’ll show you how to hide your IP address on Android, and the many benefits that result from it.
What is an IP Address?
If you don’t know how an IP address works, you’ll never understand the risks that lie beneath it. The Internet Protocol address, better known as IP address, is a numerical label that helps the internet identify and locate users. Simply put, it reveals your internet identity and location to web hosts. Moreover, it gives away valuable information about your traffic and search history.
Now I don’t know about you, but that is a blatant invasion of privacy in my book. That is why it’s better to conceal your IP address.
Eight Reasons Why You Should Hide Your IP Address on Android
Most people aren’t aware of the things that IP addresses reveal. But most importantly, they are oblivious to the benefits that are associated with hiding your IP address.
Therefore, I give you eight reasons why you should hide your IP address on Android:
- Protect your privacy: Web hosts won’t be able to identify or locate you. Also, no one can monitor your online activity, not even your ISP.
- Increase security: An untraceable IP address protects you from hackers who might be lurking on public WiFi connections.
- Access blocked content: Bypass government censorship and enjoy limitless online freedom, even in China or North Korea.
- Access streaming channels: Streaming channels use your IP address to determine your location. But you can change your IP and trick them into unblocking their content.
- Unblock websites at school or work: Gan access to popular social media apps like Instagram and Facebook.
- Get better deals when you shop online: You’ll be able to compare prices from different regions and get the best deals.
- Unlimited and secure torrenting: Hiding your IP will protect you from legal action from copyright holders. The movies, series, or songs you download will remain hidden and untraceable.
- Access to VoIP services: Some countries like the UAE ban Skype, WhatsApp Calling, and other VoIP services. But you can unblock these apps if you conceal your IP.
How to Hide Your IP Address on Android with VPN
Eight reasons should be enough to convince you to hide your IP address on Android the next time you go online. And what better way to do that than with a VPN.
A virtual private network, or VPN, hides your original IP address and replaces with another one from a different region. Furthermore, it redirects your internet connection to another server of your choice. This will make you appear as if you were in a different geographical location, so no one can see where you actually are.
Data encryption is another brilliant feature that VPNs provide. Top-ranked providers use military-grade encryption protocols, which means that no one can see your online activity, not even your internet service provider
Moreover, you could use a VPN to make secure online banking activities. VPNs give you access to banking services that are usually blocked outside your home country. They also allow you to monitor your banking activity safely and privately.
Finally, virtual private networks increase your cyber security. They prevent malware from damaging your device and block annoying ads. They also give you access to geo-blocked material like ESPN, Hulu, and other streaming channels.
Therefore, having a VPN is a must. Just follow these steps and you’re all set:
- Sign up with a VPN provider like ExpressVPN for example.
- Download and install the VPN app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device.
- Log in and launch the service.
- Connect to any server that appears on your device.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Enjoy safe and secure web browsing.
Best VPNs to Hide IP Address on Android
After trying several providers over the past few years, I can easily conclude that ExpressVPN is the best of them all. Don’t believe me? Well, you be the judge. Here are a few features that the brand has to offer:
- 160 server locations: A network of over 1,000 servers spread across 160 locations around the world. That means you can connect to practically anywhere.
- AES 256-bit encryption: A military-grade encryption protocol that allows you to surf the internet anonymously. No one will be able to monitor your data, not even your ISP.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN does not log traffic, so no one trace anything back to you.
- Zero-knowledge DNS: Others might revert to third parties for encrypted DNS, but not this one. ExpressVPN has its own Zero-Knowledge DNS, which allows it to run its private DNS on every server.
- Full Netflix compatibility: Enjoy any Netflix library you want, including the US version.
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: The brand allows full P2P file-sharing activity. Very few other providers offer this feature.
- 30-day refund policy: You can get your money back without any hassle if you’re dissatisfied with the service.
For a full review of the brand, check out ExpressVPN Review 2019.
Still not convinced with ExpressVPN? Not a problem. The following brands are more than adequate alternatives:
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
How to Conceal Your IP Address on Android – Final Words
The current digital world has opened countless doors that made our lives much easier and entertaining. But with came much more malicious cyber threats. Your security and privacy are at risk as soon as you connect to the internet. Therefore, you have to hide your IP address on Android or any other device, and stay protected and anonymous at all times.