2019 will feature a host of international football tournaments, including two competitions for the youth: the U21 Euros and the U20 World Cup. The latter will kick off on May 23 in Poland, giving a chance to young players to showcase their talent. Plenty of fans gather in front of the TV to cheer their favorite teams, which explains the vast media attention. But even though several channels will air the 2019 U20 World Cup, a lot of fans won’t be able to see it. That’s because all the broadcasters are unavailable outside their respective regions.
But in this article, we’ll show you how to unblock any of them from anywhere using a VPN or a Smart DNS proxy. That way, you won’t miss a single match.
2019 U20 World Cup – Official Broadcasters
You can watch the 2019 U20 World Cup on a handful of channels, including:
- Fox Sports (USA)
- Fubo TV (USA, Free 7-Day Trial)
- SBS (Australia, Free)
- SRF (Swiss, Free)
- ORF (Austria, Free)
- TSN (Canada)
- RTP (Portugal)
- Sky Italia (Italy)
- Eurosport (Pan-Europe)
- BeIN Sports (Middle East)
However, you should note that these streaming services can only broadcast inside their respective regions. So if you’re traveling abroad or live outside those borders, the U20 World Cup is off limits.
But how can these websites possibly know where I am? Through your IP address, of course. Each device you use has an assigned numerical label that reveals your global position to the internet. The moment web hosts read that you are outside their coverage zone, they’ll blow for offside.
Therefore, you need a tool that can hide your IP address. And that’s where the VPN steps in.
What is a VPN?
A virtual private network, or VPN for short, is a tool that can spoof your geographic location online. It reroutes your internet connection to a different network of your choice, then gives you a new IP address from that region. As a result, your web destination will think that you are inside its viewing area and will unblock its material.
In other words, you can connect to any server from the above countries. And after getting a new IP, you’ll appear as if you were browsing from the region that you selected. This entire process will unlock any restricted website, giving you the chance to watch the 2019 U20 World Cup on your preferred channel.
But bypassing geo-restrictions isn’t the only thing a VPN can do. It will also allow you to:
- Protect your privacy: All your data is encrypted when you use a VPN. Even your Internet Service Provider won’t be able to see your internet activity.
- Improve your cybersecurity: VPNs protect you from various cyber threats like hackers on public WiFi networks.
- Download safely: VPNs protect you from legal threats from copyright holders when you download files like movies and TV shows using torrents.
- Bypass blocked content: you can use a VPN to get around censorship by rerouting your traffic through a server in another country.
- Save money: You can save money while shopping if you appear to be using an IP address of a country where your items are located.
How to Watch the 2019 U20 World Cup with VPN – Steps
Now that you know all the benefits that VPNs offer, I’m sure you’re wondering how to get one. What you need to do is simple. Just follow the below steps and the U20 World Cup is within your grasp.
- Subscribe to a well-known VPN service. See the list below for recommendations.
- Download and install the app on your device. You’ll find that good brands are compatible with most platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android. You can also install them on routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
- Sign in and connect to a server from any of the above countries, depending on which channel you prefer.
- Go to WhatIsMyIP.network to see if your IP address has changed.
- Check out the best young talent perform on the biggest U20 international stage.
Best VPNs to Bypass Online Restrictions
You may not know this if you’re a new VPN user, but there are a lot of providers out there. Some are good, and some not so good. We advise you to go for the paid VPNs, which is why we prepared a list of the highest-ranked brands in the market.
As you can see, ExpressVPN takes gold. Thanks to a wide array of amazing features, this service allows you to watch the 2019 U20 World Cup with ease no matter where you are. I always use it to stream my favorite sports when I’m abroad, and it has never failed me.
First of all, the company has over 1,000 servers in 160 locations worldwide, including 94 countries. This large network guarantees access to almost any restricted material.
Secondly, ExpressVPN provides some excellent security measures to its users. The brand uses a military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protocol to keep your traffic and data hidden from snoopers. Furthermore, it offers split tunneling, DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and a no-logging policy.
Thirdly, the app is compatible with almost any device, platform, or operating system. You can even install on routers, gaming consoles, and smart TVs.
And last but not least, the company allows full P2P torrenting and file-sharing activity. You can download any movie or series without worrying about any legal issues from copyright owners.
Stream the 2019 U20 World Cup with Smart DNS Proxies
If you don’t want to make a lot of modifications to your internet connection, your best other solution is a Smart DNS proxy. This tool won’t change your IP address or encrypt your traffic. Instead, it will only redirect the URLs that expose your location, which is just enough to unblock the channel you want.
To set one up on your device, here’s what you have to do:
- Sign up to a reputable Smart DNS service like Unlocator.
- Make sure the service supports the channels that will air the U20 World Cup.
- Set up Smart DNS on the device you want to use.
- You could also install them on routers, gaming consoles, or Smart TVs.
- Watch the tournament from anywhere in the world
However, please keep in mind that Smart DNS proxies don’t work if your ISP uses transparent proxies or applies DNS hijacking. Also, they don’t have dedicated apps you can download, so you probably have a little bit of configuration to do.
2019 U20 World Cup – What You Need to Know
The 2019 U20 World Cup will take place from May 23 till June 15 in Poland. The country is no stranger to football tournaments in recent years after it hosted the 2017 European Under-21 Championship and co-hosted the Euro 2012 with Ukraine. The opening game and final will be held at the Stadion Widzewa in Łódź.
England won the previous tournament in South Korea, but will not defend their title after losing 3-0 to Norway in a play-off for the final qualifying place. They are the sixth consecutive champions to have failed to qualify for the subsequent U-20 World Cup.
Here are the teams that qualified for the tournament:
- New Zealand
- United States
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- South Africa
How to Stream 2019 U20 World Cup Online – Final Thoughts
This summer is going to be jam-packed with international football tournaments. This is actually great because we need something to keep us busy until the start of the 2019-2020 season. The 2019 U20 World Cup will be the first of many tournaments that are set to take place over the next two months. Therefore, if you don’t want to miss it, get a VPN or Smart DNS proxy. And hurry up, because you’re running out of time.