You might think that after the 2018 World Cup, football fans will have a boring summer this year. Well, think again, because it’s going to be another action-packed summer. Club football may be coming to an end this season, but on the international level, things are just getting started. The inaugural Nations League cup, Women’s World Cup, Copa America, and Africa Cup of Nations are just some of the tournaments that will take place this summer. But that’s not all. We also have the European Under-21 Championship, or the 2019 Euro U21. And if you want to stream it from home, pay attention.
Where to Watch the Euro U21?
The under-21 European Championship is one of the biggest tournaments in youth levels. Therefore, it draws plenty of media coverage with several channels broadcasting the event, including:
- Sky Go (UK)
- ESPN (US)
- ZDF (Germany)
- RAI Play (Italy)
- L’Equipe (France)
- Cuatro (Spain)
- Arena Sport (Croatia)
- TSN (Canada)
- Dplay (Denmark)
- Sport TV (Portugal)
- Globosat (Brazil)
- BeIN Sports (MENA region, Australia)
However, you should note that due to copyright issues, all these streaming services are unavailable outside their respective regions. If you try to access any of them from abroad, a location error message will pop up on your screen. It’ll say something similar to this: “This content is not available in your location.”
That’s because these websites can identify your location through IP address. And when they see that you are outside their coverage zone, they’ll kick you out. Have you ever seen a pitch invader getting tackled by stewards? Well, it’s just like that, except you won’t see any of the football pitch.
For that reason, you need to mask your IP address. And the best way to do that is by using a virtual private network (VPN).
How to Watch the 2019 Euro U21 with VPN
Before I show you how to watch the Under-21 European championship, let me explain how a VPN works first. A VPN is a tool that can spoof your geographic location. It uses software to reroute your internet traffic to a foreign network of your choice. Also, it hides your actual IP address and replaces it with another one from the region that you selected. As a result, your web destination will think that you are inside its viewing area and will unblock its material.
In other words, a VPN allows you to connect to servers in any of the above countries. Furthermore, it will give you a new IP address to make it appear as if you were there, which will give you access to any channel you want. So if you want to stream the Euro U21 from anywhere in the world, just follow the below steps:
- Subscribe to a well-known VPN service that has a presence in all of the above countries. See the list below for recommendations.
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device.
- Sign in and connect to a server from any of the regions that were mentioned earlier, depending on your preferred channel.
- Go to WhatIsMyIP.network to see if your IP address has changed.
- See which young side will lift the European cup.
Best VPNs to Stream 2019 Euro U21
The VPN market has significantly grown over the past few years, which is pretty normal considering the increasing cyber threats. Users need tools that can protect their online privacy and security. However, choosing the right service may be trickier than you think, especially if you’re a beginner.
Therefore, we prepared a list of the best providers in the industry just to save you the trouble.
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
Why We Recommend ExpressVPN
As you can see, ExpressVPN is our number one pick. This brand is probably the best one out there if you want to bypass geo-blocks, which is why I always use it when I’m abroad. But unblocking streaming channels isn’t its only strong-point. Just take a look at some of its features:
- Large server network: You can watch the 2019 Euro U21 on any of the channels that we mentioned. The company has over 1,000 servers across 94 countries, with unlimited server-switching.
- AES 256-bit encryption: A military-grade encryption protocol that allows you to surf the internet anonymously. It protects you from government surveillance and ISP monitoring.
- Incredible speed levels: Despite the strong encryption, you won’t face any buffering or loading issues because ExpressVPN has one of the best speed rates in the industry. This is perfect for streaming live matches and HD programs.
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: ExpressVPN allows full P2P file-sharing and torrenting activity. Also, it protects you from legal action from copyright owners.
- Full Netflix compatibility: It can get you access to any library you’d like, even the US version of Netflix.
- Supported platforms: You can install it on Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, and iOS. It is also compatible with smart TVs, gaming consoles, and routers.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: You can demand a full refund if you’re not too happy with the services.
Moreover, if you want a deeper look into the other options on that list, you can check out our IPVanish review and NordVPN evaluation.
2019 Euro U21 – What You Need to Know
The 2019 Euro U21 will take place from June 16-30 in both Italy and San Marino. The tournament is held every two years and serves as European qualifying for the Olympics. The top four teams will earn a place at the 2020 Summer Olympic men’s football tournament in Japan.
Germany won the last Euro U21 in 2017 after a 1-0 win over Spain in the final. The 22nd edition of the European Under-21 Championship will feature the video assistant referee (VAR) system for the first time.
However, the defending champions face some stern competition to reclaim their title this year. England have a very strong side with the likes of Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Phil Foden, James Maddisson, and Tammy Abraham. Furthermore, they’ll be looking to avenge their defeat in 2017, when they lost to Germany in the semi-finals after a penalty shootout. France, Spain, and Italy are also favorites.
Here is a look at the teams that qualified to the 2019 Euro U21:
As for the schedule, it goes something like this:
Sunday, 16 June 2019
- Poland vs Belgium
- Italy vs Spain
Sunday, 17 June 2019
- Serbia vs Austria
- Germany vs Denmark
Tuesday, 18 June 2019
- Romania vs Croatia
- England vs France
Wednesday, 19 June 2019
- Italy vs Poland
- Spain vs Belgium
Thursday, 20 June 2019
- Denmark vs Austria
- Germany vs Serbia
Friday, 21 June 2019
- England vs Romania
- France vs Croatia
Saturday, 22 June 2019
- Belgium vs Italy
- Spain vs Poland
Sunday, 23 June 2019
- Austria vs Germany
- Denmark vs Serbia
Monday, 24 June 2019
- Croatia vs England
- France vs Romania
Tuesday, 27 June 2019
Sunday, 30 June 2019
How to Stream 2019 Euro U21 Online – Conclusion
So the stage is set for the 2019 Euro U21 championship. This tournament is the perfect opportunity for youngsters to showcase their talent and get some experience under their belt. Also, it gives them a chance to earn a call-up to their country’s senior squad in future competitions. So as you can see, this is a major tournament with plenty of followers. And if you’re one of them, you don’t want to miss it simply due to geo-blocks. Therefore, get a VPN and watch it from anywhere.