LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLE! The Ultimate Fighting Championship returns with another action-packed event this Saturday, May 4, at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa. Al Iaquinta and Donald Cerrone will go head-to-head in the octagon in a lightweight bout that will headline UFC Fight Night 151. But unfortunately, not everyone can watch the match from home.
That’s because ESPN+ will broadcast the event and the streaming channel is only available inside the US. However, in this article, we will show you how to unblock the service from anywhere in the world using a VPN.
Why is ESPN+ Blocked Outside the US?
ESPN+ is now the exclusive destination for UFC’s pay-per-view events. But due to copyright reasons, the channel can only broadcast events within United States territories. If you try to access the channel from abroad, the following location error message will pop up on your screen: “ESPN+ is not available in your country due to content rights issues.”
Therefore, you need a VPN to help you spoof your location and make it look like you are in the US.
How to Watch UFC Fight Night 151 Using VPN
Web hosts like ESPN+ can identify your location through your IP address. When they see that you are not inside their coverage zone, their content becomes off limits.
However, a virtual private network, or simply VPN, can help you avoid all that by hiding your IP address. The VPN uses software to redirect your internet connection to a network of your choice. Then, it replaces your original IP address with another one from the region that you selected.
In other words, a VPN enables you to connect to a US server. This will give you a new American IP address, which tricks websites to think that you are inside the country. Therefore, you’ll be able to access ESPN+.
Just follow the steps below and you’re all set:
- Subscribe to a VPN service. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app on your device. You can also install it on routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
- Sign in and connect to a server from the United States.
- Visit WhatIsMyIP.network to make sure you’re using a new IP address.
- Stream UFC Fight Night 151 from anywhere.
Best VPNs to Stream UFC Fight Night 151
As we mentioned earlier, we recommend you use ExpressVPN because it’s one of the elite brands in the industry. I personally use it to bypass geo-restrictions whenever I’m abroad, and it has never failed me.
Thanks to a set of amazing features, the service allows me to:
- Bypass geo-blocks: ESPN+ and other streaming services are usually blocked outside their respective regions. But ExpressVPN has a large network of over 1,000 servers in 94 countries, including the US. This means that you can avoid all sorts of online restrictions and access any website from anywhere.
- Avoid online censorship: Internet access in countries like China and North Korea is very limited. Users cannot enjoy apps like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. But thanks to its wide server network, people can use ExpressVPN to unblock their favorite websites.
- Browse the internet securely and privately: The company offers high-level security and privacy features. It uses AES-256 bit encryption to ensure that no one can monitor your activity, not even your internet service provider. Also, it provides a kill switch, split tunneling, and DNS leak protection. Furthermore, ExpressVPN implements a strict no-logging policy: “We never keep traffic logs, and we also don’t keep any logs that might enable someone to match an IP and timestamp back to a user.”
- Stream programs swiftly: The company also has one of the best speeds on the market, which makes it perfect for streaming live programs in full HD.
- Access Netflix and torrent websites: ExpressVPN is one of the few brands that can give you access to any Netflix library, including the US. Moreover, it allows full torrenting and file-sharing activity and protects you from legal action from copyright holders.
But if you’d like to check out more options before you make up your mind, the list below features the best alternatives:
About UFC Fight Night 151
UFC Fight Night 151 will take place on May 4 at the Canadian Tire Centre in Ottawa. Iaquinta vs. Cowboy will headline the event.
Iaquinta is the fourth-ranked fighter in his division. He took on the undefeated Russian mauler Khabib Nurmagomedov last year for the lightweight title. But even though he lost, he still impressed. The American has only fought two more times over the last three years, winning on both occasions against Diego Sanchez and Kevin Lee.
His competitor Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone holds the UFC records for most career wins (22) and finishes (16). So as you can see, he’s one tough nut to crack. Cowboy fought in the welterweight and lightweight divisions, and marked his return to the latter with a win over Alexander Hernandez by second-round TKO.
This is shaping up to be one heck of a fight, with no clear favorite to win it.
However, Iaquinta vs. Cowboy isn’t the only match that will take place during UFC Fight Night 151. Check out the full fight cards below:
- Al Iaquinta vs. Donald Cerrone (main event)
- Derek Brunson vs. Elias Theodorou (co-main)
- Cub Swanson vs. Shane Burgos
- Brad Katona vs. Merab Dvalishvili
- Walt Harris vs. Sergey Spivak
- Marc-Andre Berriault vs. Andrew Sanchez
- Sarah Moras vs. Macy Chiasson
- Aiemann Zahabi vs. Vince Morales
- Nordine Taleb vs. Kyle Prepolec
- Kyle Nelson vs. Matt Sayles
- Juan Adams vs. Arjan Bhullar
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Cole Smith
How to Stream UFC Fight Night 151 Online – Final Words
Well, there you have it UFC Fans, your guide to watch UFC Fight Night 151 from anywhere. The event promises lots of action and entertainment, so make sure not to miss it. That is why you must hurry and sign up to a good VPN service because May 4 is just around the corner.