Catch-22 is an upcoming Hulu mini-series that will premiere on 17 May, starring George Clooney, Christopher Abbott, and Kyle Chandler. Clooney also serves as director and executive producer. TV lovers can’t wait for the show’s debut, and who could blame them. It features a lineup of huge actors. But unfortunately, not everyone can watch it because Hulu is only available in the US.
However, that doesn’t mean that you have to miss it. In this article, we’ll show you how to unblock Hulu and watch Catch-22 from anywhere in the world.
Why Is Hulu Blocked Outside the US?
Hulu is home to some of the biggest series and movies. But due to copyright issues, it is only available for viewers inside the United States. You can try to stream a Hulu video from abroad, but you’ll only hit a brick wall. Well, actually you’ll hit a location error message, but it sure feels the same. “This video is not available to watch in your current location. Please select something else to watch,” is what will pop up on your screen.
That’s because Hulu can determine your location through your IP address. Once it sees that you are outside its coverage zone, it will kick you out.
Therefore, you need a virtual private network (VPN) to help you spoof your location.
How to Watch Catch-22 with VPN
A VPN uses software that can change your geographic position by rerouting your internet connection to a network of your choice. Then, it gives you a new IP address from that region to make it seem as if you live there.
This means that you can trick Hulu to unblock its content by simply connecting to an American server. You won’t just unblock Hulu, but also every other US-restricted channel like HBO, Showtime, Sling TV, and much more.
It sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me: Access to all those channels with the help of one tool. Therefore, all you have to do to get a VPN is:
- Subscribe to a VPN provider. The list below features top recommendations
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device. You can also install it on routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
- Sign in and connect to a server from the USA.
- Double check your new American IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Stream Catch-22 or any other Hulu show from anywhere.
Best VPNs to Stream Catch-22
Let’s get straight to the point. ExpressVPN is probably your best pick. We strongly recommend it after using it to unblock Hulu on several occasions before, and it works like a charm.
And bypassing geo-restrictions isn’t all that it does. Just take a look at some of its amazing features:
- Huge server network: With over 1,000 servers spread across 160 locations, including the US, you’ll surely unblock Hulu and every other American-restricted channel.
- No-logging policy: This is what the company states on its website:
“We never keep traffic logs, and we also don’t keep any logs that might enable someone to match an IP and timestamp back to a user. We work entirely on the basis of shared IPs, meaning that a single IP does not track back to an individual user.”
- AES 256-bit encryption: This is the strongest encryption in the VPN market. It allows you to maintain your online anonymity so that ISPs or government surveillance cannot monitor your activity.
- Great speed rates: Despite using strong encryption, ExpressVPN still offers one of the best speeds in the business, which is perfect for streaming full HD shows like Catch-22.
- Full Netflix compatibility: The company is one of the few brands that can still give you access to every Netflix library in the world.
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: It also allows full torrenting and P2P file-sharing activity, and protects you from copyright legal action.
- High compatibility: ExpressVPN has apps for Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, and iOS. It is also compatible with routers, gaming consoles, and smart TVs.
But if you’re not quite convinced that this brand is right for you, check out some of these elite alternatives:
Watch Catch-22 Using Smart DNS Proxy
Smart DNS proxies can also help you bypass geo-restrictions and access streaming services like Hulu. These tools share some similarities with VPNs as they also reroute your connection, but only the URLs that reveal your location.
However, they do not encrypt your traffic, nor hide your IP address, which can be both positive and negative.
Nonetheless, if you still feel like installing one on your device, here’s what you have to do:
- Sign up with a Smart DNS service. We recommend you use Unlocator.
- Make sure Hulu is included in their list of supported channels.
- You can set up Smart DNS on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device, and even on your router, gaming consoles, or Smart TVs.
- Unblock Hulu and stream Catch-22 no matter where you are.
Other Top Shows to Watch on Hulu
Catch-22 debuts on May 17, so there are plenty of other shows you can catch until the miniseries premiers. Hulu is home to some of the best programs in entertainment, and here’s a taste of what’s available on their platform:
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Castle Rock
- Future Man
- The Act
- The Mindy Project
- The Looming Tower
Hulu Compatible Devices
You can stream Catch-22 and any other Hulu show on almost any device or platform, including:
- Fire tablets
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- Roku and Roku Stick
- Samsung TV
- Windows 10
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
How to Stream Catch-22 from Anywhere – Conclusion
Catch-22 is a satirical dark comedy miniseries that you definitely shouldn’t miss. It features a strong lineup of actors, scriptwriters, and directors including George Clooney, Christopher Abbott, Kyle Chandler, and Luke Davies. Therefore, you shouldn’t let something like online restrictions keep you from watching the show. So get a VPN or Smart DNS proxy and stream it from anywhere.