Ever heard the expression Neutral Like Switzerland? It’s a phrase that we use when we don’t want to take sides in a particular argument or conflict. It’s attributed to the Swiss because the alpine nation implements a policy of armed neutrality in global affairs. But what about network neutrality?
Unfortunately, organizations, ISPs, and governments don’t treat all Internet communications equally. This means that not everyone has equal access to the same online content. Unless you have a VPN. In this article, we will show you how to get a Swiss IP address and unblock geo-restricted content using a VPN.
How to Get a Swiss IP Address Using a VPN
If you’re a Swiss expat or student studying abroad, gaining access to local streaming channels or online bank accounts can be tricky. Most of these websites are geo-blocked due to copyright or security reasons. That is why you need to get a Swiss IP address to be able to use these services. And what better way to do that than with a VPN.
A VPN, or virtual private network, is a software that can spoof your physical location, making it appear as if you were in a different country. It conceals your actual IP address and changes it to another one from a different region. So by allowing you to connect to a Swiss server, you’ll be able to unblock any content that is restricted outside Switzerland from anywhere in the world.
How to Get a VPN
Getting a VPN is so easy that you’ll be able to do it faster than you can say Chuchichäschtli. Wow! Now that’s a mouthful.
Just follow the steps below:
- Sign up with a VPN provider. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Create an account and sign in.
- Connect to a server from Switzerland.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Enjoy full access to any online Swiss content.
Best VPNs to Get Swiss IP Address
I highly recommend ExpressVPN. I personally used it and was amazed by its incredible features, which include:
- 160 server locations: ExpressVPN has over 1,000 servers spread across 160 cities.
- AES 256-bit encryption: The brand offers a military-grade AES 256-bit encryption, meaning that your content is as safe as the Swiss banking system.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN does not log traffic data, DNS queries, or anything.
- 30-day refund policy: If you don’t like the services, get your money’s worth hassle-free.
There are other reliable VPN providers in the market if you’re still not totally convinced. The list below provides trustworthy alternatives for you to consider:
Swiss IP Address Benefits
A Swiss IP Address will mostly come in handy for expats or students living abroad. But anyone can benefit from it really.
Here is what a Swiss IP address can offer:
- Unblock Swiss Netflix.
- Access Swiss banking services and keep track of your banking activities.
- Stream programs from anywhere in the world.
- Gain access to geo-blocked Swiss websites.
- Book cheaper flight tickets.
- Compare prices when shopping online.
- Browse the internet safely.
- Learn German, French, Italian, or Romanian
Other VPN Benefits
VPNs have many more advantages than just connecting you to an IP address in Switzerland. The list of benefits include:
- Privacy protection: all your data is encrypted when you use a VPN. Your ISP can’t even track what you’re doing.
- Cyber threat protection: VPNs protect you from cyber threats and malware.
- Safe download: VPNs protect you from legal actions from copyright holders when you download movies or TV shows using torrents.
- Unblocking restricted content: you can use a VPN to get around censorship by redirecting your traffic to a server in another country.
Top Streaming Services in Switzerland
With a Swiss IP address, you’ll be able to gain access to every streaming service and platform that is blocked outside Switzerland. These channels include:
- Netflix Switzerland.
- Amazon Prime Video.
- Teleclub Play.
- Sky Switzerland.
How to Get a Swiss IP Address Anywhere – Conclusion
A Swiss IP address offers so many benefits that make it indispensable for expats, students, or tourists. Even people from other nationalities can make use of a Swiss IP. All you have to do is get a VPN, sign in, and connect to a Swiss server. It’s that simple.