Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines, the 2020 IndyCar Series is on its way to your screens. The epic race series will kick off on March 15th, 2020, at the Streets of St. Petersburg and round-up on September 20th, 2020, at the Firestone Grand Prix of Monterey in Monterey, California. The series has become very popular on a global scale. So, if sitting around watching dozens of cars battle it out on the race-track is something you like, then here’s how you can stream the 2020 IndyCar series anywhere.
The 2020 IndyCar Series – Official Broadcasters
Given how popular the series is, you can imagine how many streaming channels will broadcast all the races around the world. In fact, there are dozens of broadcasters bringing the series straight to the small screens in several regions across the globe.
However, we must note that each and every one of those services is restricted to its respective country. In other words, if you’re living abroad or traveling in the meantime, you’ll be blocked almost instantly.
It’s what we call geo-blocking, a mechanism used by streaming services and websites to secure their broadcasting rights and deals. This allows them to restrict access to their content to specific locations.
In the online world, services and websites can determine a user’s location by examining their IP address. Think of it as a digital home address. Once it figures out that you’re outside its area of coverage, it will terminate your access.
But that’s a problem we’re going to fix in a few. For the time being, check out the official IndyCar broadcasters below:
- NBC Sports (USA)
- Sky Sports F1 (UK)
- SuperSport (South Africa)
- Sky NZ (New Zealand)
- SportsNet (Canada)
- DAZN (Austria, Germany, Switzerland, and Italy)
- Match TV (Russia)
In case you didn’t notice, we’ve listed the channels’ respective countries next to them. It’s to give you an idea about where each one is located and operates. In the next part, you’ll learn how to spoof your location and access any of these channels. So, pick one and scroll a bit further.
The 25th IndyCar Series – From Local to Global Coverage
As we mentioned, the channels above can determine your location by looking up your IP address. Take NBC Sports as an example. The channel is only available in the United States, which means that it requires an American IP address to operate.
If you live abroad, such an IP is exactly what you lack, resulting in the following geo-error message:
“Geographic Restriction. This content is not available in your location.”
To circumvent the geo-restrictions imposed by NBC Sports, you must change your location and appear to be browsing the web from the United States. The most effective and efficient way to do so is by using a Virtual Private Network.
More known as a VPN, this cybersecurity tool reroutes your internet traffic through a dedicated server in a country of your choosing. The moment you hit connect, the software encrypts your data (protects it from online threats) and hides your IP address (anonymizes your browsing), replacing your local IP with a temporary one in the country where the server is located.
When that process is done (takes about 3 seconds), you can access whatever restricted content available in that region. Let’s stick to NBC Sports for now. If you want to stream its content, you have to connect to a VPN server in the United States. This will give you a US IP address, which will allow you to view its videos no matter where you physically reside.
IndyCar 2020 Live-Stream Anywhere – The Steps
To sum it up, you can use a VPN to change your IP address to one in the country where your chosen channel is available. It’s technically very easy to do. Just follow the steps below, and you’ll be streaming the 2020 IndyCar Series anywhere:
- As a first step, you should subscribe to a premium VPN service, such as ExpressVPN. Don’t opt for free services, they’ll do you more harm than good, especially in the privacy department.
- Next, download the VPN app and install it on your preferred device. You’ll find ExpressVPN clients on Android, iOS, PC, Mac, as well as Amazon Fire Stick.
- Now, run the VPN client and sign in with your username and password.
- Head over to the server list and connect to a server in your chosen channel’s country:
- US server for NBC Sports.
- UK server for Sky Sports.
- Canadian server for Sportsnet, etc…
- Launch the channel’s website or its dedicated application.
- Stream the 2020 IndyCar Series live wherever you are.
See? It’s easier than you think. VPN applications require no technical background; it’s just a “push-connect” process. With a single click, you can appear as if you’re browsing the web from a whole different location on the map.
Best VPN for IndyCar Series Streaming
According to our evaluation criteria, ExpressVPN is the best all-round VPN for streaming courtesy of its over-the-top unblocking capabilities and excellent speed performance. The provider comes with a 30-day refund policy, which means that you can test their service out, risk-free, and ask for a full refund in case it didn’t live up to your expectations.
While we’re still speaking of streaming, ExpressVPN has a free Smart DNS service within its subscription. You can unblock hundreds of websites with minimal speed loss (no encryption present). Also, you get to set it up on devices that are not natively compatible with VPN, including Smart TVs, PlayStation, Xbox, Chromecast, and Apple TV.
However, while ExpressVPN is the ultimate solution for your online problems, it sure is not that only one on the market. There are other providers capable of fulfilling the task; check them out in the table below.
- 30-Day Money-back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Apps For All Your Devices
- 24/7 Live Support
IndyCar 2020 – Inside the Series
The IndyCar series will begin on March 15th, 2020. This year, the race series is replacing the Pocono Raceway with the Richmond Raceway. It’s returning after an 11-year absence from the series.
Josef Newgarden will enter the season as the defending National Champion, with Honda being the defending Manufacturers’ Cup champion. Do you think that Newgarden will score his second victory in a row?
With that said, here’s the full schedule of the 2020 IndyCar tournament:
- 15 March, Sunday: Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Fla., 3:30 p.m.
- 5 April, Sunday: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama, Birmingham, Ala., 4:15 p.m.
- 19 April, Sunday: Acura Grand Prix of Long Beach, Long Beach, Calif., 4:45 p.m.
- 26 April, Sunday: AutoNation INDYCAR Challenge, Austin, Texas, 4:10 p.m.
- 9 May, Saturday: GMR Grand Prix, Indianapolis, 3:50 p.m.
- 24 May, Sunday: 104th Running of the Indianapolis 500 presented by Gainbridge, Indianapolis 500, 12:30 p.m.
- 30 May, Saturday: Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix Presented by Lear Corporation, Detroit, 3:50 p.m.
- 31 May, Sunday: Chevrolet Detroit Grand Prix Presented by Lear Corporation, Detroit, 3:50 p.m.
- 6 June, Saturday: Texas Indy 600, Fort Worth, Texas, 8:45 p.m.
- 21 June, Sunday: REV Group Grand Prix at Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wis., 12:50 p.m.
- 27 June, Saturday: Indy Richmond 300, Richmond, Va., 8:25 p.m.
- 12 July: Honda Indy Toronto, Toronto, 3:40 p.m.
- 18 July, Saturday: Iowa 300, Newton, Iowa, 9 p.m.
- 16 August, Sunday: Honda Indy 200, Lexington, Ohio, 12:45 p.m.
- 22 August, Saturday: Bommarito Automotive Group 500, Madison, Ill., 8:45 p.m.
- 6 September, Sunday: Grand Prix of Portland, Portland, 3:40 p.m.
- 20 September, Sunday: Firestone Grand Prix of Monterey, Monterey, Calif., 3:25 p.m.
Stream the 2020 IndyCar Series Anywhere – Final Thoughts
Now you have an idea about how to live stream the IndyCar Series event online from anywhere in the world. Don’t let the internet limit what you get to access just because of your location. You can always change your current whereabouts using a Virtual Private Network.
Remember, just connect to a server in the country where your chosen channel is located. After that, come March 15th, you can stream the 2020 IndyCar Series no matter where you’re residing. If you have any more questions, please drop a line in the comments below.