The SSE Hydro in Glasgow, Scotland will be home to the World Boxing Super Series semi-finals. On May 18, WBC Silver champion Josh Taylor will face IBF champion Ivan Baranchyk in a highly-anticipated showdown. Both fighters are undefeated, but come Saturday, this will all change. If you’re watching from home, DAZN and Sky Sports will broadcast Taylor vs Baranchyk. However, both channels are unavailable outside their respective regions.
But in this article, we’ll show you how to unblock the streaming services from anywhere using a VPN so that you don’t miss all the fighting action.
Taylor vs Baranchyk on DAZN, Sky Sports
Only DAZN and Sky Sports will broadcast the fight between Taylor and Baranchyk. But due to licensing agreements, both channels won’t be available outside their respective regions. DAZN will air the event in the US, while Sky will screen it in the UK. Now if you try to access the services from abroad, a location error message will appear on your screen.
Thanks to your IP address, websites can determine your location. If they see that you are outside their coverage area, you won’t have permission to view their content. Therefore, you need a VPN to help you change your Internet Protocol address.
How to Stream Taylor vs Baranchyk with a VPN
A virtual private network is a software that can spoof your geographic location by hiding your IP address. It redirects your internet traffic to a foreign network of your choice, then gives you a new IP from the region that you selected. This will trick web hosts to think that you are inside their viewing zone, and they’ll unblock their content accordingly.
So this means that once you connect to a server from the US or the UK, you’ll be able to watch the fight. Why? because your VPN will switch your IP address.
Anyway, here’s what you need to do:
- Sign up to a VPN service. We recommend you use ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device.
- Sign in and connect to a server from the US or the UK.
- Make sure you’re using your new IP address by visiting WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Brace yourself for an epic match.
There are several VPN providers on the market that can offer good services. But we recommend you go for the best one and get ExpressVPN. This brand has so many advantages. It allows you to:
- Bypass geo-restrictions: ExpressVPN has a large network of over 1,000 servers in 94 countries. This means that you can avoid all sorts of online restrictions and access any website from anywhere.
- Safely and privately browse the internet: The company offers high-level security and privacy features. It uses AES-256 bit encryption to ensure that no one can monitor your activity, not even your internet service provider. Also, it provides a kill switch, split tunneling, and DNS leak protection. Furthermore, ExpressVPN implements a strict no-logging policy: “We never keep traffic logs, and we also don’t keep any logs that might enable someone to match an IP and timestamp back to a user.”
- Avoid online censorship: A large server network and strong security and privacy features are perfect when you are in places like China and North Korea. Internet access in these countries is very limited, and users cannot enjoy apps like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. However, you can avoid strict censorship and safely unblock these apps with ExpressVPN.
- Stream programs swiftly: The company also has one of the best speeds on the market, which makes it perfect for streaming live programs in full HD.
- Access Netflix and torrent websites: ExpressVPN is one of the few brands that can give you access to any Netflix library, including the US. Moreover, it allows full torrenting and file-sharing activity and protects you from legal action from copyright holders.
Other Brands You Could Consider
Even though ExpressVPN is the best service you can get, that doesn’t mean that other providers aren’t as good. And while the brand is number one in our book, it doesn’t have to be in yours. Therefore, we rounded up other elite companies and put them in the table below. Surely one of them will scratch your itch.
Taylor vs Baranchyk – What You Need to Know
WBC Silver champion Josh Taylor and IBF champion Ivan Baranchyk will clash in Glasgow this Saturday. DAZN and Sky Sports will broadcast the fight. The event is the semi-finals of the World Boxing Super Series, and the winner will face WBA champion Regis Prograis. The latter booked his place in the final after defeating Kiryl Relikh last month via knockout. His performance was so impressive that fans are already crowning him WBSS champion.
However, he’ll face some stern competition from whoever qualifies to the final. Taylor, nicknamed ‘The Tartan Tornado,’ is determined to prove that he is the best super-lightweight in boxing by defeating Baranchyk. He said that he was convinced he’ll be the first boxer to defeat ‘The Beast.’
“I’m in this game to prove I am the best and I want to fight the best,” stated Taylor. “To be the best you’ve got to beat the best and I believe Baranchyk is one of the best in the division but I’m fully confident I’m going to win on Saturday.”
“I am very confident of winning,” said Baranchyk. “I am going to beat Taylor by beating him again and again and then beating him some more!”But Taylor vs Baranchyk isn’t the only championship fight of the night. Knockout specialist Naoya ‘The Monster’ Inoue (17-0, 15 KOs) will face Emmanuel Rodriguez with both IBF and WBA ‘regular’ bantamweight titles on the line.
- Ivan Baranchyk vs. Josh Taylor (IBF super-lightweight title, World Boxing Super Series semifinals)
- Emmanuel Rodriguez vs. Naoya Inoue (IBF bantamweight title, World Boxing Super Series semifinals)
- Paul Butler (reserve) vs. TBA
- Apinun Khongsong (reserve) vs. TBA
- Zach Parker vs. Steven Crambert
- Lee McGregor vs. Cristian Narvaez