UFC heads to Rio de Janeiro this weekend. Current Strawweight champion Rose Namajunas will put her title on the line when she faces Jessica Andrade. The match will headline UFC 237, which takes place on May 11 at Jeunesse Arena. Fans are waiting for the event with great anticipation, but not all of them will get to see it. That’s because the streaming channels broadcasting the event are geo-blocked outside their respective regions.
But no need to panic. In this article, we’ll show you how to unblock the likes of ESPN+ and BT Sport from anywhere in the world using a VPN and watch every UFC 237 fight.
Where Can I Watch The Fight?
You can stream UFC 237 on any of the following channels:
- ESPN+ (USA)
- BT Sport (UK)
- DAZN (Germany)
- Viaplay (Sweden, Denmark)
- OSN (Middle East)
- Main Event (Australia)
- Match TV (Russia)
- TSN (Canada) (Prelims Only)
These channels can only show the event in their respective regions. If you try to watch the event from abroad, a location error message will appear on your screen. “ESPN+ is not available in your country due to content rights issues,” is one example.
The problem is with your IP address. It reveals your location to these streaming services. Once they see that you are abroad, they won’t grant you access to their content. Therefore, you need something that hides your IP address. Cue the VPN.
How to Watch UFC 237 Using VPN
A virtual private network is a tool that can spoof your geographic location. It uses software to reroute your internet connection to another foreign network. Then, it replaces your IP address with a new one from a region of your choice.
Basically, A VPN allows you to connect to servers from any of the countries mentioned above. After that, it gives you a new IP address from the country that you selected. This enables you to unblock the channel you want no matter where you are.
Simply follow the steps below and you’re all set:
- Subscribe to a good VPN service with a presence in any of the countries mentioned above. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device. You can also install VPNs on routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
- Sign in and connect to a server from the US, the UK, Germany or any of the other countries on the list. It all depends on which channel you’d like to watch.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- See if Namajunas can defend her title.
Best VPNs to Stream UFC 237
ExpressVPN should be your number one choice if you want to bypass geo-restrictions. I personally use it to stream UFC events whenever I’m abroad and so far, it has never failed me.
Just take a look at what you can do when you use this service:
- Bypass geo-blocks: ESPN+, BT Sport, and other streaming services are usually blocked outside their respective regions. But ExpressVPN has a large network of over 1,000 servers in 94 countries. This means that you can avoid all sorts of online restrictions and access any website from anywhere.
- Avoid online censorship: Internet access in countries like China and North Korea is very limited. Users cannot enjoy apps like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram. But thanks to its wide server network, people can use ExpressVPN to unblock their favorite websites.
- Browse the internet securely and privately: The company offers high-level security and privacy features. It uses AES-256 bit encryption to ensure that no one can monitor your activity, not even your internet service provider. Also, it provides a kill switch, split tunneling, and DNS leak protection. Furthermore, ExpressVPN implements a strict no-logging policy: “We never keep traffic logs, and we also don’t keep any logs that might enable someone to match an IP and timestamp back to a user.”
- Stream programs swiftly: The company also has one of the best speeds on the market, which makes it perfect for streaming live programs in full HD.
- Access Netflix and torrent websites: ExpressVPN is one of the few brands that can give you access to any Netflix library, including the US. Moreover, it allows full torrenting and file-sharing activity and protects you from legal action from copyright holders.
But if you’d like to check out more options before you make up your mind, the list below features the best alternatives:
UFC 237 Facts
This upcoming mixed martial arts event will take place on May 11 at the Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro. Champion Rose Namajunas will defend her Strawweight championship title against Jessica Andrade. The match will mark Namajunas’s return to the octagon after a 13-month absence.
It will be the first time that Namajunas competes outside the US, and the titleholder admitted that she is entering ‘uncharted waters.’ “This time is different from any other time, obviously. This time it’s pretty scary, I must say,” said Namajunas. “I’ve spent not just the last year fighting the same girl, Joanna (Jedrzejczyk), but then years prior to that, even after having other opponents, I still was thinking about her. So this is the first time where I’m not thinking about her,” she added.
Her opponent will present a different challenge to the champion. Andrade earned herself quite the reputation in her division. She is a powerful hard-hitting woman, with a bulldozing style that has helped her claim huge wins over some serious challengers like Claudia Gadelha and Tecia Torres.
UFC 237 will also feature a middleweight bout between Jared Cannonier and Anderson Silva. Check out the full match card below:
- Rose Namajunas vs Jessica Andrade
- Jared Cannonier vs Anderson Silva
- José Aldo vs Alexander Volkanovski
- Thiago Alves vs Laureano Staropoli
- Francisco Trinaldo vs Carlos Diego Ferreira
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Ryan Spann
- Thiago Moises vs Kurt Holobaugh
- Irene Aldana vs Bethe Correia
- B.J. Penn vs Clay Guida
- Luana Carolina vs Yanan Wu
- Warlley Alves vs Sergio Moraes
- Raoni Barcelos vs Said Nurmagomedov
- Talita Bernardo vs Jessica-Rose Clark
How to Stream UFC 237 Online – Conclusion
It’s not often that we see a women’s Strawweight Championship bout headline a UFC event. Even Anderson Silva’s match couldn’t take center stage. That’s what makes UFC 237 even more entertaining. Personally, I can’t wait to see if Rose can defend her title against the fierce Andrade. Therefore, if you want to stream any match on the fight card from abroad, you have to get a VPN.