You may find this hard to believe, but Ukraine has one of the cheapest and fastest broadband internet in the world. According to new research from Cable.co.UK, the average monthly package is at $5 in the eastern European country, with speeds starting from 20 Mbps. Therefore, getting a Ukrainian IP address isn’t such a bad idea.
In this article, we’ll show you how to get an IP address from Ukraine with a VPN, so you can access your favorite websites from anywhere.
How to Get a Ukrainian IP Address with VPN
If you’re a Ukrainian national who lives or studies abroad, you might find that some websites are inaccessible outside your home country. Streaming channels, banking services, and sometimes news websites fall within that category. These web hosts are geo-blocked outside Ukraine for security or copyright reasons.
The problem is that your IP address reveals your geographic location to the Worl Wide Web. If your online destination sees that you are not within its coverage area, it will lock you out. Therefore, you need a virtual private network, better known as VPN.
A VPN uses software to spoof your physical location. It allows you to connect to a different server from any region you want and changes your IP address. Simply put, you can connect to a Ukrainian server, get a local IP address, and unblock any restricted Ukrainian website from abroad.
And getting a VPN is actually quite simple. All you have to do is:
- Sign up to a good VPN provider like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device.
- Sign in and connect to a server from Ukraine.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- Access any Ukrainian website from anywhere.
Use ExpressVPN to Get Foreign IP Address
As I mentioned earlier, you have to choose a good VPN provider that has several servers in Ukraine. For that reason, I advise you to use ExpressVPN. I personally use whenever I want to switch to a foreign IP, and it has never failed me.
The brand has a set of features that make it indispensable for expats and internet users, including:
- Large server network: The company has over 1,000 servers spread across 94 countries, one of the largest networks in the business.
- Great speed levels: Also, the company offers one of the best speeds in the market, despite using a strong encryption protocol (see next point). This means you shouldn’t encounter any buffering problems when streaming live HD programs.
- AES 256-bit encryption: A military-grade encryption that allows you to surf the internet anonymously. No one will be able to monitor your data, not even your ISP.
- Security features: In addition to the AES 256-bit encryption, which is the strongest in the market, the company provides split tunneling, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN does not keep or store traffic, so no one can trace anything back to you.
- Full Netflix compatibility: Very few brands still have access to every Netflix library. ExpressVPN is one of them. You can even use it to watch US Netflix.
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: You can enjoy full P2P file-sharing activity without worrying about legal actions from copyright holders.
- 30-day refund policy: You can get your money back without any problems if you don’t like the company’s services.
Other Top Brands
ExpressVPN isn’t the only provider that offers high-quality services. That is why we compiled a list of the best brands in the industry to save you the trouble.
Moreover, it probably has the largest server network in the market with over 5,000 servers in 61 countries.
Additionally, it provides a unique privacy solution called Onion over VPN. This feature combines the best of the TOR browser with the security prowess of a VPN.
Another solid pick is IPVanish. The company also uses AES 256-bit encryption, which is a standard among top industry performers.
Its other features include a vast network of 1,200 servers in 60 countries, most of which are in the US and Europe. Moreover, It offers high levels of speed, so streaming live HD programs shouldn’t be a problem.
Furthermore, the brand allows five simultaneous connections under one account, meaning you can use it on multiple devices at the same time.
Advantages of Ukrainian IP Address
As I mentioned earlier, Ukraine offers cheap and fast broadband internet. This makes a Ukrainian IP address appealing to any online user, not just expats.
First of all, a Ukranian IP address gives you access to local streaming channels like Novyi TV, Inter Television, ICTV, K1 TV, STB and much more. Watching local programs also allows you to learn about the Ukrainian language and culture.
Second, you’ll be able to monitor your local bank accounts from anywhere in the world and make secure transactions.
Third, you could simply use a foreign IP address to escape from snooping. Your internet service provider won’t be able to monitor your online activity. Furthermore, your new IP will protect from malware and cyber threats.
Finally, you can unblock VoIP services like Skype if you live in countries where video call services are banned, like the UAE.
How to Get a Ukrainian IP Address from Abroad – Final Thoughts
Most people interested in a Ukranian IP address are expats and nationals living abroad. If you’re any of those and you still don’t have a VPN, then you’re missing out on a lot of benefits. In fact, anyone can make use of a Ukrainian IP address. So if you’re interested in getting one, all you have to do is follow the steps I mentioned above, and enjoy any Ukrainian content you like.