One of 2019’s biggest fights is just 24 hours away. Unified middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez will face IBF champion Daniel Jacobs, and both fighters will put their titles on the line. This is a must-watch clash for boxing fans everywhere. But unfortunately, geo-restrictions will prevent a lot of viewers from streaming Canelo vs Jacobs.
Therefore, we will show you how to bypass geo-blocks using a VPN so that you can watch the match from anywhere in the world.
Channels Broadcasting Canelo vs. Jacobs
If you’re watching the fight from home, you should know that only a handful of channels will broadcast the event.
- DAZN (USA and Canada)
- Sky Sports (UK)
- Main Event (Australia)
- Azteca 7 (Mexico)
Sadly, these streaming services can only air the match inside their respective coverage areas. This means that if you try to access any of the channels from abroad, a location error message will appear on your screen.
For that reason, you need a tool like a VPN to help you unblock the likes of DAZN and Sky Sports no matter where you are.
How to Watch Canelo vs Jacobs Using VPN
Your IP address reveals your physical location to the internet. That is why the streaming channels block you once you connect from outside their coverage zone. This is largely due to copyright reasons. But why should that be your problem?
A virtual private network, or VPN for short, can help you spoof your geographic location. It uses software to conceal your actual IP address and then replaces it with another one from a region of your choice. Also, it reroutes your internet connection to a foreign network, making it appear as if you were in a different country.
Therefore, all you have to do is connect to a server from the US, the UK, or any of the countries mentioned above to stream the Canelo vs Jacobs fight.
And if you want it even simpler, let’s break it down in steps:
- Subscribe to a VPN service. We prepared a list of the best providers (see below).
- Download and install the app on your PC, Mac, iOS, or Android device.
- You can also install VPNs on routers, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
- Sign in and connect to a server from the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, or Mexico.
- Check if you’re using your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- See which champion come out on top.
Best VPNs to Bypass Online Restrictions
VPN services have massively increased over the past decade due to the rise of online risks and malware. Therefore, it can be quite tricky to choose the right provider, especially if you’re a VPN newbie. And that is why we compiled a list of the best brands to save you the effort.
- A large server network: With over 1,000 servers in 160 locations worldwide, including 94 countries, you’ll surely be able to bypass all sorts of online restrictions and censorships.
- AES 256-bit encryption: A military-grade encryption protocol that allows you to surf the internet anonymously. It protects you from government surveillance, hackers, and ISP monitoring.
- Incredible speed levels: Despite using strong encryption, ExpressVPN still provides one of the best speeds in the business. So don’t worry about buffering issues when you’re streaming HD programs.
- No-logging policy: “We never keep traffic logs, and we also don’t keep any logs that might enable someone to match an IP and timestamp back to a user,” says the company on its website.
- Torrenting and P2P allowance: ExpressVPN allows full P2P file-sharing and torrenting activity. Also, it protects you from legal action from copyright owners.
- Full Netflix compatibility: It can get you access to any library you’d like, even the US version of Netflix.
- High compatibility: You can install it on Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, and iOS. It is also compatible with smart TVs, gaming consoles, and routers.
IPVanish is another elite brand you could consider. It offers similar security and privacy features as ExpressVPN, including DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. Moreover, it works with TOR.
Furthermore, it has a network of more than 1,200 servers spread across 60 nations, which is pretty impressive.
Also, you can connect five devices at the same time using a single account. This allows you to protect your entire family online.
You can check out the IPVanish review for a full feature list.
Number three on our list is NordVPN. The company has the largest server network among its peers with more than 5,000 servers in 61 countries.
As for security features, it also offers AES-256 bit encryption, DNS leak protection, and a kill switch. But also, it has a double VPN feature that encrypts your data twice for extra security. The company even implements a no-logging policy.
Furthermore, since it is based in Panama, you don’t have to worry about any data retention laws.
And for further information about the brand, see the NordVPN review.
Canelo vs. Jacobs – What You Need to Know
Saul “Canelo” Alvarez faces Daniel “Miracle Man” Jacobs on May 4 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Alvarez will put his WBA, WBC and The Ring middleweight titles on the line against IBF titleholder Jacobs. Both fighters signed with DAZN in 2018, and they have been due to clash ever since.
Canelo (51-1-2) has only lost one fight in his career, and it was against Floyd Mayweather Jr. He’s coming off a TKO victory over Rocky Fielding back in December. Jacobs (35-2), meanwhile, is coming off a split decision victory over Serhiy Derevianchenko back on October.
Canelo Alvarez vs Daniel Jacobs
- John Ryder vs. Bilal Akkawy (Interim WBA Super Middleweight title)
- Joseph Diaz Jr. vs. Freddy Fonseca (WBA Gold Super Featherweight title)
- Sadam Ali vs. Anthony Young (USNBC Silver Welterweight title)
- Lamont Roach Jr. vs. Jonathan Oquendo (WBO International and NABO Super Featherweight titles)
- Alexis Espino vs. Billy Wager
- Pablo Cesar Cano vs. Michael Perez
- Vergil Ortiz Jr vs. Mauricio Herrera