UFC fans can brace themselves for another action-packed night. Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson and Anthony “Showtime” Pettis will go head to head in UFC Fight Night 148, as both fighters seek to take advantage of the shakeups in the welterweight division. Unfortunately, not everyone will get the chance to watch this epic fight.
ESPN+ and Foxtel Go will broadcast the event, and both streaming services are unavailable outside the US and Australia respectively. So if you don’t want to miss all 13 bouts of UFC Fight Night 148, you have to get a VPN.
How to watch UFC Fight Night 148 on ESPN+
Due to copyright reasons, ESPN+ is geo-blocked anywhere outside the US; and Foxtel Go is only available for viewers who reside in Australia. It is a huge disappointment for other UFC lovers who wanted to watch Thomson vs Pettis or other fights during Fight Night 148.
But with a VPN, you’ll be able to unblock both channels and stream any match you want.
A virtual private network, or VPN, uses a software that can spoof your physical location, and replace your original IP address with another one from a different country. So if you connect to an American server, you’ll appear as if you were a US resident. This will give you access to ESPN+ and any other geo-blocked streaming service.
So you see, VPNs are a very handy tool if you want to watch UFC Fight Night 148. To get one, all you have to is:
- Sign up with a VPN provider. See list below for suggestions
- Download and install the VPN app.
- Create an account and sign in.
- Connect to a server from the United States.
- Double check your new IP address on WhatIsMyIP.network.
- LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEE.
Best VPNs to Watch UFC Fight Night 148
If you ask me which is the number one VPN provider at the moment, I’d have to say ExpressVPN. It has so many benefits that I won’t have time to list them all. I can, however, list some of the most important benefits that the brand has to offer.
- No-logging policy: ExpressVPN does not log traffic data, DNS queries, or anything.
- Full Netflix compatibility: It is one of the few companies that can grant you access to any Netflix library without any hassle.
- Torrenting and P2P permission: ExpressVPN allows full P2P file-sharing activity.
- 30-day refund policy: You can demand a refund if your dissatisfied with the service.
There are other trustworthy VPN providers that might better suit your taste. See the list below for the best VPN brands:
UFC Fight Night 148 Main Event
Stephen Thompson vs. Anthony Pettis will headline UFC Fight Night 148. After missing two chances to defeat Tyron Woodley and claim the welterweight title, Thompson will be looking at this fight as another opportunity to get his name back into the title contention. A defeat to Pettis, however, could dent his title aspirations.
Pettis, meanwhile, is unranked as a welterweight and suffered defeat in his lat match as a lightweight. He only has three victories in his last nine matches, and needs to put a few more wins under his belt to regain popularity in the MMA world.
UFC Fight Night 148 Other Bouts
Stephen Thompson vs. Anthony Pettis isn’t the only match that promises excitement. Check the other matches that will feature during Fight Night 148:
- Stephen Thompson (14-3-1) vs. Anthony Pettis (21-8-0)
- Curtis Blaydes (10-2-0) vs. Justin Willis (8-1-0)
- John Makdessi (16-6-0) vs. Jesus Pinedo (16-4-1)
- Jussier Formiga (22-5-0) vs. Deiveson Figueiredo (15-0-0)
- Luis Peña (5-1-0) vs. Steven Peterson (17-7-0)
- Maycee Barber (6-0-0) vs. JJ Aldrich (7-2-0)
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Bobby Moffett
- Frankie Saenz vs. Marlon Vera
- Alexis Davis vs. Jennifer Maia
- Randa Markos vs. Angela Hill
- Ryan MacDonald vs. Chris Gutierrez
- Eric Shelton vs. Jordan Espinosa
- Chris Gruetzemacher vs. Jesus Pinedo
ESPN+ Supported Devices
ESPN+ offers many sports events that can be watched on many devices, including:
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- Fire TV
- Oculus Go
How to Watch UFC Fight Night 148 Anywhere – Final Thoughts
UFC Fight Night 148 will take place on March 23 at the Bridgestone Arena, Nashville. You don’t want to miss the main event between “Wonderboy” and “Showtime” because it’s going to be one hell of a fight. So if you live anywhere outside the US or Australia, you have to get a VPN to be able to stream UFC Fight Night 148. It’s very easy. Sign up, connect, and LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEE.